OT-Stress and weight loss question

Options
I'm sure that someone out there has the answer to this question.

I have consistently been losing at least 1 lb a week since I started this journey in Jan., but for the past 2.5 weeks I seem to be stuck. I'm wondering if it's because I have been super stressed over work.
( and when I say stressed, I mean out of control stressed :explode: ). Could this be effecting my weight loss?

Any ideas /thought out there in MFP land?

BTW----I have NOT gone over my calories

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that someone out there has the answer to this question.

I have consistently been losing at least 1 lb a week since I started this journey in Jan., but for the past 2.5 weeks I seem to be stuck. I'm wondering if it's because I have been super stressed over work.
    ( and when I say stressed, I mean out of control stressed :explode: ). Could this be effecting my weight loss?

Any ideas /thought out there in MFP land?

BTW----I have NOT gone over my calories
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Plateau--try altering your routine some. Increase your exercise, increase your calories. Many on here have broken plateaus by altering their routine. Your body just adjusts after a bit to your new routine and you'll need to "shock" it (in a nice way though!) a bit to kind of confuse it. Got to keep that metabolism guessing so it doesn't settle into a nice pat routine.
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Yes, it may be stress. You can try yoga - for me it's a great relax.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I find that stress makes me hold onto weight. I think that part of being healthy is finding something to do that deals with your stress levels. For some people, exercise does this.

Here's a question I got asked recently, that I found I had no answer to:

"what do you do for fun?" Well, what do you do for fun? If you don't have an answer to that question, find one. It's really important.:flowerforyou: