mid 30s trying to lose weight while dealing with arthritis

Options
Hi everyone, i am 34 and live in New Zealand. In 2010 when we had a major earthquake in ChCh i was not long after diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. I have two daughters and work part time from home, im also hopeing to lose some weight and get healtheir and fitter so i can better deal with my arthritis. Anyone else have the difficulty of exercising while sore/uncomfortable and what exercises do you find help and that are easy on the body??? Thanks :-)

Replies

• otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I do not share your difficulties, so perhaps you will get some better responses, but I am wondering whether there is anywhere that you can do exercise in a pool. The water is supportive and should help alleviate stress on your joints. Is there somewhere nearby that offers exercise/aerobics in a pool? If not, can you swim laps? If it is not uncomfortable, walking is also a good way to start exercising.
  • melanievincent115
    Options
    Thank you - yes i am looking into aqua jogging and have tried the odd aqua zumba class too - im not much of a swimmer im afraid but will definitely try the other options. i think i may have overdone it recently power walking on the treadmill so siwmming might be the best option for now :-) thanks for your post xx
  • Colectable93
    Colectable93 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also have arthritis and have just started aqua aerobics, there are lot of great videos on you tube, I watched them and then wrote them out, take the notebook along with me and put it beside the pool and do cardio and strength training 4 days a week for at least 1.5-2 hours. working out in the pool that is possible on land no way. Good luck