My aha moment

Options
timbotina
timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
:bigsmile: Today after about 8 weeks of trying to lead a healthier life (no more dieting for me)....my wonderful son and I are going to work out together....this is my whole goal, getting my family to be healthy so they don't have to go thru life heavy like me. I have always struggled with my weight and was going to accept that other than being overweight, my life is perfect (wonderful husband, 2 awesome kids, a great childhood, and a pretty great job) but then I realized what example I was setting for my kids...now Alex my 9 year old son and I are going to be work out buddies....see, he really is paying attention and this is worth it after all....

P.S. So far I am down 28 lbs, my goal was to loose about 23 more but now the sky is the limit, I may go for 35 more with my new buddy by my side.

Replies

• timbotina
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • karenga
    karenga Posts: 28
    Options
    That's great and don't think of MFP as a diet, just a change in life style. My sister and I do it together and we are having so much un with it. She can eat a lot more calories than I can, which makes me want to wok out more so I can eat the fun things she can....
    Anyway have fun with it.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    What a great idea including your son for your workouts. There is nothing better than seeing our children understanding that a healthy lifestyle is not just about food but also about activity. I loved it when I said that I was tired one day and one of my twins' (4 years old) told me that perhaps I needed some exercise...I have always said that exercise makes me happy and gives me energy (my reasoning to try to explain to the above twin why I am going out for a run instead of staying home with her when she sobs and sobs and begs me not to leave!).
  • timbotina
    Options
    Yes it is very hard to make time for yourself, feeling guilty by not spending that time with them, but I also believe it does make me a happier so even if its a 1/2 hour I am better when I am with them....Thanks for the note!!
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good for you! you go girl!
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    Options
    That is great ! I am still working on some of my family members. I worry about my brother so much but he just does not want to get healthy right now.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    It really does rub off on them doesn't it?!! Thats great to hear!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Oh and you should add your ticker to your signature!!
  • timbotina
    Options
    I am computer iliterate and I wanted to add that ticker but didn't know how.....so after you suggested it I thought I really need to learn, so I did it!!!!! thanks!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!