I don't care anymore...

Options
...and I don't know why.
I've lost all motivation in the past 3 days.
I can't be bothered. I just make up excuses.
I really don't know HOW to get back into it, and I want to before it's to late and I give up forever.
:'(

Replies

• 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough, babe?
  • 00sarah
    Options
    Feel free to msg me... Forums can get ugly
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Check your protein levels etc.. but maybe you just need to rest it up for a bit. Take a couple days.. relax. Then just make yourself do it. I find that I have to turn off my brain sometimes and just do it whether I want to or not. It's tough but in the end .. you'll push through this and get back out there.
  • wvgirlnfl
    wvgirlnfl Posts: 30
    Options
    We have all been there! You have to really think about why you are wanting to lose the weight and get healthy! Sometimes it is just really hard to find that motivation. Maybe just make yourself do 10 minutes of some kind of exercise like walking? I usually find when I don't want to exercise, if I at least start, it makes me want to do more! Or maybe just tell yourself no matter what you eat, you are going to drink so many glasses of water. Wish I had some magic words because I know that feeling.

Another thing that I have been making myself do lately is that even though I know that I have went way over my limits, I log what I eat anyway so that I can see it. It helps to make you think.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Well let me just be the first to say you look outstanding already.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    everyone goes through these times so don't be so hard on yourself. Start off with something light and easy and you'll get yourself back into the swing of things. Best of luck to you :)
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you’re just not having fun. Go for a swim, bike ride, hike. Something more fun than the gym.
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options

that
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Are you burned out? I think sometimes when we focus completely on something, work extremely hard at something...after awhile it just seems like too much.

Would it maybe help to reset your goal as 'maintanence' for a month or two? Or maybe change to 'lose 1/2 pound per week' instead of 'lose 1 pound per week'. Keep being aware of your food choices and exercise choices, but maybe not worry so much if you're over or under, have more wiggle room for a more relaxed style.

It might give your mind, emotions, and body a chance to just settle in and adjust and relax for a bit. And then maybe in a couple months, you'll feel refreshed and enthusiastic to start pushing more again.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I switch things up a bit. Change my workouts or make a change in what I'm eating in some way....it usually works :-)

You look incredible already, so I'm sure this feeling won't last long!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are in fabulous shape. What are you trying to do that you are having a hard time with? Goals?

Maybe you are overtraining and need a break from exercise or you aren't eating enough healthy foods. It is hard to say since your diary is closed.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Everybody gets down sometimes. The you should always be optimistic and happy jive is just that. I am guessing that you work hard to stay fit and eat healthy. Dig deep and push yourself through this down period knowing it will not last. As Winston Churchill said: If you are going through hell don't stop. I find focusing on how I will feel if I do my morning workout and then how I will feel if I don't do it gives me the extra push I sometimes need.

Hang in there and focus on your goals and why you are doing what you are doing.
  • 00sarah
    Options

^^^this!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    i think we've all been there a time or two

:flowerforyou:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We all have times like this when we get tired of staying on top of everything. I have times when I'm just sick of being on weight loss high alert! Keep in mind that just because you feel like this right now doesn't mean it's a permanent thing. These feelings will pass and then you'll remember your weight loss/fitness goals and you'll get back into it. It's ok to be tired of it today. :smile:
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    ...and I don't know why.
    I've lost all motivation in the past 3 days.
    I can't be bothered. I just make up excuses.
    I really don't know HOW to get back into it, and I want to before it's to late and I give up forever.
    :'(

Don't give up hun. Push through and find some good reliable people to help motivate you and be there for you when you are struggling. You can do it, we all go through this. You look like you're doing pretty awesome already, so whatever you do, just don't give up.

Keep it real, keep it simple. Never give in, never give up, never surrender. But most of all remember that success is not final, but failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
  • b3njammin
    Options
    Not eating definitely can lead to depression and lack of motivation. Otherwise, too much focus on physicality (dieting, exercise, appearances) is at the expense of your mind and spirituality. I lose interest in seemingly everything and myself as well over and over again, but I am renewed by Christ and mentally stimulated by the truth in The Bible. No one is too young, too cool, too damaged or too anything to find strength. [ 20 yr. Male ] =]