any 1500 calorie eaters here

Options
I am just learning on the properly calculating calories and calculated mine from fat2fitradio .com for my goal weight since I am lightly active it reccomended 1,503 calories which I will be starting tomorrow and keeping this for at least 8 weeks to see how it goes. I would love to talk to other 1500 calorie friends to see how successful its been for them and any success stories about this.

I am bumpin me up from being sedentary to lightly active.

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1540 but I eat back my exercise calories.

I try to eat things that are relatively low calorie, but filling. Fibrous fruits. Eggs. Etc. I'm a vegetarian, so it's a bit tougher for me - I'm sure some lean chicken would fill me up, but oh well!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am working toward that as well as learning portion control. filling up on the healthier things. how do you know when to eat back your work out calories? I am just learning so I am trying to figure this out. tomorrow will be my first day of this.
  • hulahawaiigirl
    Options
    I am doing 1200 calorie and Ive lost 9 pounds in a week and a half... but I also gave up sugar and flour. I find as long as I make sure I eat my protein at every meal Im not hungry and Im not grumpy haha... but its important to make sure to eat, I dont skip any meals but I dont eat anything in between.... popcorn is my snack , Im hopeful if I just stay on track Ill reach my goal!
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat 1680, so a bit more. If you are looking for ideas, feel free to add me. I eat a lot of low calories healthy foods (with a splurge or 2 in there.) I'm pretty active and eat so much low calorie foods, I rarely make it to my full 1680.
  • Isis2123
    Isis2123 Posts: 36
    Options
    I started 1500 calories a day a little over a month ago. It took a little time to get used to. A lot of it's portion control and making sure I eat filling, low calorie items. The worst is when my friends want to go out to eat. It's still hard for me to find what to eat then.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    If I want to lose a pound a week, I eat 1500. If I want to lose 2, I'm supposed to eat 1200.
    1500 is very easy to maintain as long as you stick to portion contol and moderation :)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I will be eating about 1500 calories on rest days. After eating 1200-1400 calories, 1500 will be a piece of cake. I'll be going up to about 1700 on workout days which will be very cushy.
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ya I just updated my goals and it dropped me to 1500 from 1700. Man I didn’t think it would be a big change, but its kinda killin me.

I also eat back my cals, that has helped.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    I do 1500 a day, but I will say that my food choices are not "the best" per se. I mean I stay within my calories and am losing the weight, but I'm still working towards getting more starches and sugars out of my diet. Slowly abut eventually. Right now I'm just happy to be losing and able to stick with the 1500 without feeling like I'm depriving myself of anything.

Everyone feel free to add me.
    : ) Angelia
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    right now i do 1700 at 50% protein and I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1400 calories (sedentary lifestyle with a goal to work out 3-4 times a week @ 45 minutes) but I'm having a hard time sticking to it. Look forward to the advice offered in this forum on what to eat.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 on rest days. And net 1500 on workout days. I lose a pound a week. There's plenty of room for healthy food and tasty treats within the 1500 cal range. :smile:
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My daily limit is 1440. I'm trying to lose 1.5 lbs a week. Without working out, I would have a hard time doing it. I gave up on sodas, diet and regular, french fries, cookies, etc. I workout 6 days a week and on the 7th day, I do a power walk. I normally get at least 200 calories back from exercise. Yesterday I did a 2.5 hour mountain bike ride and gained an extra 1800 calories... I had ice cream last night!

I still eat out, but I decide before I leave what I will eat and I stick with it.

I hope any of this helps. You can add me as well.
  • sivapc
    sivapc Posts: 12
    Options
    I am just starting 1520 as of today. I've been on 1200 for a long time and it isn't working at all. I'm looking forward to seeing if low calories prevented me from losing weight. Would love to hear how this works for others.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am at 1500 with an open diary. Feel free to add.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm on 1200 cals a day and strive to burn 300 or so cals through exercise. I eat back some of the exercise cals or even go over a bit, and I've lost weight. Slowly but surely. I like to make sure I have a lot of fiber and have protein with meals. I also try to eat more veggies.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am working toward that as well as learning portion control. filling up on the healthier things. how do you know when to eat back your work out calories? I am just learning so I am trying to figure this out. tomorrow will be my first day of this.

Your MFP number @ -1 pound per week(Mine was 1460) + exercise calories usually = the TDEE number. If you wear some sort of tracker, just eat 20% less than your average total daily burn.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    For me, the hardest time of the day is breakfast. If I don't eat a good breakfast, I am too hungry at lunch and i keep snacking and overeat. I try to do about 350 cals and make sure to have fiber and protein together. I like breakfast sandwiches -- Ezekiel English Muffin with an egg patty and cheese and arugula. I'm hungry for 3 or more hours.
  • Michelle7897
    Michelle7897 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit to get my TDEE, usually 2000-2100 unless I exercise a lot. Today it will end up around 2500. I try to stay no more than 500 calories below that. For some reason I don't do well with a larger deficit. This has produced the best results for me.