Calories left... Later at night... What to do?

Options
So I have allotted myself 1660 calories per day. Today was a pretty crazy day and now it is 9:15pm. I have 586 calories left because I didn't eat dinner yet. Question is: what do i do? Do I eat something now, which is about 1.5 hrs before bed, or do I just chalk those calories up as gone? I'm sure if I drank water it would help curb my craving... Just not sure.

Replies

• maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    eat some fruits or something
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    ICECREAM!!! Nom nom nom.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I was going to say leave it if your not hungry but thats quite a lot, have something to eat.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had dinner, you might want to have something.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd be all over the chips.....I think I might dive in right now :) I have about 300 calories to blow...LOL!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner and enjoy it.
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd eat something so you don't feel super hungry in the morning from not eating. Plus that's quite a few calories left over, so no harm in having something to eat before bed.
  • jpbgrad98CHANGED
    Options
    Well I didn't have anything prepared for dinner because of the craziness. I do have some pretzels and pepper jack cheese slices. I think I'll snack on that. A handful of pretzels and cheese. Sounds pretty good,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I was afraid of being too hungry in the morning. LOL!

P.s... I am always looking for more friends and people to keep me in line... Add me if you want. Thanks again!!!
  • dbrant12
    dbrant12 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm always in that same boat, and its odd to think to eat so close to bedtime when your trying to loose weight but it is better to have something even if you don't meet all your caloric requirements, at least try to get as close as you can,that's what I do and I have seen results already.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    make eggs those are quick. or cottage cheese. or have a protein shake or a smoothie
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eat! Ice cream, chips, a burger, I could go on and on. :laugh:
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If I was hungry, I would definitely eat. An omelet, avocado, hummus and veggies? I try to keep those on hand all the time for something quick and filling.
  • sdtrex
    sdtrex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BEER AND PIZZA!!!!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I already had dinner around 9 p.m. here (10:34 now) and I will be going to bed around 11 and I have about 600 calories remaining which will get me a glass of chocolate milk (300 calories) and Peanut butter sandwich (2 toast & 2 Tbsp. All natural Peanut butter 280 calories) Meal Frequency is just a personal preference, point being if you have the calories then enjoy them. I eat right up til bed time if I have them left.... Best of Luck....
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm going to bed in about an hour. I have over 500 calories left and I'm not hungry. I did eat good today, I just exercised more than usual. I think I will have some hot tea and call it a night....
  • dbrant12
    dbrant12 Posts: 8
    Options
    I don't know if you have a Jimmy John`s there but here in Florida we do and they have a sandwich that's called an Unwich which is iceberg lettuce...(outer large leaves), two slices of provolone cheese, fat free mayo and 3 slices of lean turkey breast and they roll it up like a burrito and it is delish! Only 230 cals and 9g of protein perfect for lunch or late nite snack. I work nites so it's easier for me to make up extra calories from my daily workout.
  • MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eat something that has few calories/carbs, like a salad with a few roasted sunflower seeds and a few craisins. Even with 1 TBSP Ranch dressing, it doesn't amount to much, will satisfy your hunger and your urge to "chew something." Eat slowly and enjoy every bite. It takes 15 minutes for our stomaches to feel ful and half our problem is eating too fast (we are a nation of "fast" everything.) Then, you won't be hungry, its not too heavy to go to bed in 1.5 hours AND you can bank the rest of your calories and feel successful! :)
  • megd726
    megd726 Posts: 31
    Options
    Glad to see that you're eating something. I often eat later at night and normally don't see bad effects on my morning weigh in - of course only if I'm staying within my daily goals. A good bedtime snack is cottage cheese. It takes hours to break down so it helps curb the morning hunger. Good luck!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Eat them:)