Rigatoni, White Beans, and Sausage

Options
TracieJ65
TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
My fellow MFP'ers I have a wonderful recipe to post! I made this for dinner tonight and it was sooooooo good! I have had this cookbook for a little while but have just began cooking out of it and this was the first recipe. The cookbook is called "Eat What You Love" by Marlene Koch. ENJOY! Oh also there was a post earlier this week of someone asking for lower cost recipes and this one is not too bad.

8 oz of rigatoni
2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 pound turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced thin
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 (14 oz) can white cannellini beans, drained
1 (14 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, well drained
6 oz (6 cups) baby spinach leaves
6 Tbsp finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Freshly cracked black pepper

Cook then pasta according to package directions in a large pot. Drain and set aside.

Pour the chicken broth and garlic into the same pot. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Add the sausage, oregano, and olive oil. Stir well.

Stir in the beans, tomatoes, and cooked pasta to the pot. Place the spinach on top of the mixture. Cover with a lid and turn heat to low. Allow to steam for a couple of minutes until the spinach begins to wilt. Stir well, turn off heat and let steam for a couple more minutes.

Serve with a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on top and seasoned black pepper to taste. (Makes 6, 1 1/2 servings)

(when I added the oregano I put in some garlic and herb Mrs. Dash. Also I did not add any salt as you get some from the broth and the sausage.)

NUTRITION:

Calories - 300
Carbs - 40g
Sugars - 4g
Total Fat - 8g. (sat fat 2g)
Protein - 17g
Fiber - 6g
Cholesterol - 40mg
Sodium - 720mg
WW Points - 6

Replies