Shirataki Noodles

Options
Nana82Much
Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
Anyone have any shirataki noodle recipes?

Replies

• yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear people's favourites too - I'm in NZ & they're difficult to get here, but I found some online & they've arrived but I haven't been brave enough to try them yet, lol.
    I can smell the fishy brine/liquid from the outside of the packaging - that kinda puts me off too.
  • Nana82Much
    Nana82Much Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wash mine really well then pat them dry and put them in a frying pan sprayed with a little cooking spray
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my shiritaki noodles! I swear by these things!!!
    The ones I get (Japanese House) in the little orange pack of water have absolutely no smell or strange taste-- but I've heard of that. Glad mine dont.
    I just rinse them and drain them, and then (and this is VERY important!)... I toss them in a fry pan with a spritz of non sick spray - then "dry fry" them for about 6-8 minutes, tossing them around. This helps to get rid of all the extra moisture- so they aren't so 'wet'. I didnt do this in the beginning... they were really wet and soupy.

Once they're ready, I toss in 2 big handfuls of chopped veggies (I keep a tupperware of them ready in the fridge always!) Veggies to include: Red cabbage, onion, broccoli, mushroom, red/ylw bell pepper, carrots, bok choy, snap peas, garlic... you get the idea.
    Toss around for a few minutes, add in some (already cooked) chicken or shrimp - just to heat thru. Then for sauce- 2tbsp of your favorite. I use Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Sauce and their Soyaki. Toss it all together- you have a lunch or diner that is a huge plate of food, and it's only about 200 calories! Check out my diary- I have it at least 2-3 times a week for lunch, and I think I have a picture of it in my profile pics!

It's my go-to, no brainer lunch!! And at the Asian Market here in my area (we have a HUGE market with restaurants inside and everything)... they sell the noodles for $1.25/pack... I buy them 10 at a time!!
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    Arent the noodles kind of chewy and stretchy? not much like regular noodles?
  • valentinaisho
    Options
    add some chicken and basil pesto, it's delicious!