Over CALORIES by Fruits

Options
I track fruits but it took almost 300 calories of my entire days :) Ex : One pear, one orange, grapes :) Will it make me gain weight ? Cuz it's cal in and out ?

Replies

• SSarahh23
    SSarahh23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie, you could eat only apples all day but if you're eating too many, you will gain weight.

I know fruit/veg are delicious but they need to be factored in to your daily goal.
  • Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Even if the food is good for you they all have calories. I personnally dont do much exercise which means im really strict with all foods.
    Eating fruit is great but yes you have to count them in your total.
    Just add a little exercise and you can eat them no problems
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    if your calorie goal is 1500 cal/day and you're netting 1700 calories worth of pineapple/banana/mango/lychee/whateverfruit, yes, you'll gain weight.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Do you mean to say you are 300 calories over your goal amount? And that fruit was 300 calories of your total? So you want to eliminate the fruit? That would be a bad choice. If you are over by 300 calories it would be better to look at all the food you had and next time either have smaller portions of the same foods, or eliminate something that is mostly empty calories ( that means food or drink that gives little nutrition, for example: soda, chips, white bread or pasta). Fruits are good for you. They are full of vitamins, minerals, micronutients, and fiber as well as carb calories.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I would rather have the fruit, esp. apples and grapes, than say wheat thins and oreos. So much better for you... Oh love pears too.

I am frequently over because I love sweet food. So I opt for fruits more often then veggies... but I dont care if its not alot.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    if your calorie goal is 1500 cal/day and you're netting 1700 calories worth of pineapple/banana/mango/lychee/whateverfruit, yes, you'll gain weight.

Only if their tdee is less than 1700, actually.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Some fruits are more calorie rich than others.

I eat an apple, a peach and a few plums most days. I ignore my sugar macros because that puts me way over, but I don't care much because it's natrual sugar.

Calories are calories at the end of the day though. I'd just rather get mine from fresh fruit than chocolate or something.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Only if their tdee is less than 1700, actually.

Agreed, but my point stands: If they're eating at a calorie surplus, they'll gain. If the OP has a goal of TDEE -5% and that's 1500, if they eat 1700 calories of fruit, they will gain.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Try some lower calorie fruit. Clementines or "cuties" as they are called sometimes only have 40 calories and plums have 30. Bananas on the other hand have over 100!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    No you wont gain, as you will be in a deficit at 1500 cals, what you will notice is your loss will be slower than expected, as your deficit will be smaller than you planed on it being when setting your goals in MFP.