BIke vs. Elliptical

Options
I don't have a very big place and I'm going to invest in one, but which should it be? I already have a treadmill. Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Get a heavy duty model like you might find in a gym. I tried all kinds of cardio machines (all kinds) at the gym, and the elliptical seems to work best for me. But honestly, I hate doing the stupid machine..it's boring. I bought a super expensive bike (expensive for me anyway, about $700)...it's aluminum and carbon fiber...but it's super lightweight, and the shifters and brakes are very nice, with none of the clunkiness you might find in a bike from Target. I've pnly ridden it 330 miles this year, but as the weather warms up, it will get more and more use.
  • dbrant12
    dbrant12 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a Body Rider.....stationary bike and elliptical and it is perfect not too big or small, I ride 12miles a day 5 days a wk and it keeps me in active mode and results have pd off in 30 day.
  • DanielleML22
    Options
    Thank you both! :)
  • malawi447
    malawi447 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a decent Schwinn elliptical, which is a breath of fresh air after using the first junk heap of an elliptical my husband bought. I couldn't do more than 5 minutes on that thing before every muscle in my body ached! My Schwinn may not be quite as good as one of those Precore ellipticals, but I manage to get in about 60 minutes per day on it. If you do decide on an elliptical over a bike, just make sure you get a good one.......stay away from the Walmart fitness department! :)