Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown level 1

Options
I just did it last night an OMG it was so hard!

I was wondering how you guys log this. It's definitely NOT regular Yoga at all. I ended up logging it as aerobics, general but I'm not sure if that's accurate. I kinda have to guess since I don't have a HRM. But man, it was HARD!

Thanks!

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I just ordered that from Amazon. Can't wait til it gets here. From the clips I've seen, it looks like a killer! :tongue:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    it's a good one huh? I use my HRM so for me it burns 120 cals, I add it to cardio :laugh:
  • pajamamama
    pajamamama Posts: 61
    Options
    I burn 156 doing the Meltdown. I love it! The first couple of times were pretty hard but now I look forward to it. Keep it up!!! :drinker:
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow that's it?!?! It feels like I burned like 400 cals!:laugh:
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I wish yoga burned a lot more too! But I think that while it doesnt get in a ton of calorie burn that we all want, it strengthens our core and for me, it's the much needed stretch session that I usually cut short before/after my workouts.
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wish yoga burned a lot more too! But I think that while it doesnt get in a ton of calorie burn that we all want, it strengthens our core and for me, it's the much needed stretch session that I usually cut short before/after my workouts.
    Have you ever done the Yoga Meltdown. I feel ike it's way more of a workout than 'regular' yoga. But maybe I'm wrong. I was totally sweating and my muscles were shaking after!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Becky--I've heard that's a great workout! Definitely think about investing in a HRM--it's so worth it so you don't have to wonder and guess the calorie burn! I do 30 min intense strengthening/bootcamp/weight lifting (depending upon the day) with my trainer and log it as cardio and usually burn between 140 - 190 and am DRIPPING wet afterwards with very sore muscles.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Have you ever done the Yoga Meltdown. I feel ike it's way more of a workout than 'regular' yoga. But maybe I'm wrong. I was totally sweating and my muscles were shaking after!

I never have but have been meaning to. I can only imagine how hard it is. Jillian Michaels is definitely known for taking things to the next step.