Recipes for green peppers?

keegalie
keegalie Posts: 82
I have a bunch of green peppers that need to be eaten (bought them cause it was such a good deal). Does anybody know any good recipes using green peppers? Other than stuffed peppers? I've already made too many of those haha

Replies

• McCooeyD
    McCooeyD Posts: 2
    Get a large Microwaveable bowl or pot with a tight cover/. Use 6-8 boneless,skinless chicken thieghs. Place chisken on bottom then sprinle on Fahita mix or Taco mix or both. Then take green peppers de-core and cut in quartes. fill pot with peppers and a couple on onions cut in quarters. pack tight because it will all cook down. Put lid on and microwave on high 35-40 minutes. when down remove top but leave in pot. cut it all up with a nice sharpknife. Put on top of this bread in individual bowls. top with diet sour cream if you like.. You can also cut ,clean and quarter peppers. then par boil them. not too much. Put them in freezer zip lock bags and freeze for later use
  • keegalie
    Thanks!
  • hamps36
    hamps36 Posts: 1
    green peppers egg plant tomatoes onion olive oil and mince if you want. stir fry till all veggies are cooked . I like this cold as sandwich filling. cheers hamps36
  • fajitas!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I've seen people slice green peppers and crack an egg into the middle and fry it up.

My suggestion was going to be stuffed peppers :) What do you stuff yours with?
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    A breakfast idea: Cut the pepper width-wise into rings. rub them with a tad olive oil and salt and sautee them in a pan on medium heat. When they start to get softer, turn the heat to low, crack an egg in the center and cover the pan with a lid. When the egg cooks through, top with a sprinkle of cheese and enjoy!

A lunch idea: Green peppers taste great raw, cut into strips, with peanut butter or your favorite hummus! You can also make a sub sandwhich, which they are great on.

A dinner idea: Halve a pepper lenthwise (so you have two 'bowls'). Rub with olive oil and grill until they get soft. In a separate bowl, mix chopped avocado and goat cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Fill the peppers with the mixture. You can also chop green peppers and boil them with any pasta you were already going to eat. They don't take away from other dishes and they add a bit more nutrition.
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    I was going suggest stuffed peppers. I use the packet flavoured Cous Cous, never tried the plain. I fry up some mushrooms, add spinach and laughing cow, to the cous cous, then fill the peppers. You could also add a little low fat cheese to the top. Place in an ovenproof dish covered wih foil and cook for about....20-30mins, or until they are soft. You may want to spray the dish so they don't stick and turn them. I find the bottoms of mine always burn, if I don't.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Add them into anyhting else you were going to cook! Chop them and add them with the onions for bolognaise/lasagne type dishes, or throw into slow cooker with everything else. Very nice in an omlette!
  • keegalie
    Yummy!! Thanks everyone!

I stuffed my peppers with some brown rice, corn, black beans, feta cheese and added some garlic, paprika, and basil I think? haha And melted some cheese on top too.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    I loooooove cheese - hardest thing to keep under contriol!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    If you haven't used them all yet, dice those babies up small and freeze them. Its fantastic to just pour a few out of the freezer bag into soups, salads, omelets, etc. This makes me happy since it does not require chopping EVERY TIME I need one.