Best excercize for waist to knees

Options
2»

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Do some weight lifting. Gain more muscle then you will lose. It might add to the bulk at first, but the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. Even while sleeping!

Squats are really good for your thighs! :)

Weight lifting is awesome and this is good advice, but I think the OP is missing the "it doesn't matter what workout you do, you have to ensure that you're eating at a deficit" advice that has been thrown out about a dozen times.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My friend got zumba im gunna try it with her
    and as long as you're at a calorie deficit, it'll work...

Not true, exactly..... I have been at a calorie deficit for 5 weeks and haven't lost a pound, and I need to lose 100 more exactly. But the general theory is correct.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Not true, exactly..... I have been at a calorie deficit for 5 weeks and haven't lost a pound, and I need to lose 100 more exactly. But the general theory is correct.

you are either underestimating what you are eating, or overestimating your activity level.

also, you might be in TOO much of a calorie deficit. i know, it sounds weird to me too. but it's true.
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Deficit means less than my calorie goal?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Deficit means less than my calorie goal?
    your goal, as set by MFP, is already at a deficit.
  • motown13
    Options

you are either underestimating what you are eating, or overestimating your activity level.

also, you might be in TOO much of a calorie deficit. i know, it sounds weird to me too. but it's true.

Nope... I measure everything on a digital scale.

And I time my exercise and take my readings from my machine or my GPS.

The 3rd one might be possible.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Im getting so discouraged!!! I go to the gym almost everyday and i cant seem to lose my lovehandles and my thighs!!! Any sugestions as to what would b best?
    I use the stairmil always but....

A few sets of plate pushaways would be ideal.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options

Then you are not in a calorie deficit.

Either your goals need adjusting or your counting/estimating methodology needs improvement.
  • motown13
    Options

Then you are not in a calorie deficit.

Either your goals need adjusting or your counting/estimating methodology needs improvement.

You have never heard of stalls?

I'm a 275 pound guy eating less than1900 calories a day. I absolutely am at a calorie deficit. Hell, I used to not even gain weight when I ate 3200 calories a day ( last year ).