Just quit smoking - keep me away from snacks

Options
It's been 8 days and I am doing good but I know that the hand to mouth habit is gonna be tough. The last week has been snack crazy so I am on a goal to get to the gym, start tracking those calories and get into shape. - Karl

Replies

• ilara85
    ilara85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your doing great it's my fourth day cigarette free... It was taking a toll on my cardio work out... Chew gum it will help best wishes
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck! I just hit two months nicotine free on Saturday. It does get easier!!! The first few weeks I ate a lot of sweets, but didnt beat myself up about it as I was exercising so often. I gained a few lbs that first month but they are back off already so dont sweat that too much!
  • mallorie16
    mallorie16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting! I quit back in October and I thought the second week was the hardest to get through. I had some set backs with snacking right after I quit, but you quickly adjust after a couple weeks when you stop having cigarette cravings. Don't beat yourself up if you slip up with snacks every once in awhile. I gained about 7lbs when I quit, but I'd rather have to deal with losing a few pounds than deal with all of the nasty effects of smoking!
  • Queend11
    Queend11 Posts: 14
    Options
    I hear ya! I smoked for 13 years and been smoke free for 2 years. I use to chew on sugar free gum and eat sugar free
    Candy. It did help a lot, then I just got used to it. Keep up the good work! U will feel so much healthier
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Just remember smoking lowers your metabalism so you will need to walk 30 minutes extra to combat that. (Speaking from experience I did not know this fact and put on 10kgs when I stopped)