Options
x3na1401
x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
Any great breakfast ideas out there ?

Replies

• LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always eat Uncle Toby's High Fibre Oats sachet with skim milk, chopped apple and cinnamon ( the sachet works well for me as I tend to struggle with portion control). Or Chobani natural yoghurt with apple and banana.

Not sure if you'd classify those as "great" ideas, but they're delicious and they work for me!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Keep meaning to buy cinnamon.

Has anyone put protein powder in porridge ? What's it like ?
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I'm not keen on yoghurt in the morning, but the oats sound good.
  • nessa552013
    nessa552013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oats are usually quite filling and can last you a while. Sometimes yoplait yogurt range with a muesli range of cereal can also add to the menu to change it up. Another option would be a slice of wholegrain toast with tomato or boiled egg. You can add a piece of fruit to the range.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have porridge made with skim or almond milk every morning. I put a tablespoon of Canadian Maple syrup in it for some sweetness...or if I've run out, a tablespoon of brown sugar and a couple dashes of cinnamon. So yummy!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Yum. Toast and tomato.

It reminds me of holiday breakfasts. Funny white cheese and slices of tomato. Yum yum
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    today is a sourdough english muffin with becel and a pint of raspberries yum!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I have porridge made with skim or almond milk every morning. I put a tablespoon of Canadian Maple syrup in it for some sweetness...or if I've run out, a tablespoon of brown sugar and a couple dashes of cinnamon. So yummy!

This sounds great !! Will be buying maple syrup and cinnamon today !
  • x3na1401
    Options
    today is a sourdough english muffin with becel and a pint of raspberries yum!

What's a becel ?
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    try an omelet or veggie scramble with your favorite veggies - IT IS REALLY BOMB!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    The trouble with this thread is that I want to try them all... Now!
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    I eat savoury breakfast cups that I bake in a muffin tray. I have never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I eat savoury breakfast cups that I bake in a muffin tray. I have never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life!

Tell me more...
  • kay1977newme
    kay1977newme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Finesse cereal was not that nice :-/
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Finesse cereal was not that nice :-/

I love Fitnesse if that's the one you mean ! I had it in portugal and then couldn't get it here. Was gutted. Then Asda came to the rescue.

They don't have the nutty one thou :(

But I do like the normal one with sliced banana.
  • ellygolightly
    Options

Tell me more...

Grab a muffin tray (I use a 6 muffin silicone tray), line the tray with one slice of ham per muffin so it makes a base. Then I mix 6 eggs, 1 cup of baby spinach, 4 chopped mushrooms, 1/2 a cup of grated cheese and chopped onion (you can add whatever vegetables you want though), into a bowl, and then divide it up into the 6 muffin spots. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20-25 minutes.

I eat 2 for breakfast and have them 3 times a week. Approved by my nutritionist :)

I got the recipe and then altered it to my liking from here: http://itsmysideoflife.com/2010/03/breakfast-ham-egg-cups-mini-frittatas.html
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I have! It's great :)
  • x3na1401
    Options
    This sounds good except I like to make food fresh so I would only make a couple and I'm a vegetarian so no ham.

Quorn do a variety of sliced thingies and I'm sure they would suffice. I will try this one day, but probably for dinner.

<==== This was in reply to the egg muffin dish.
  • x3na1401
    Options

I have! It's great :)

I'm going to try this.
    I use maxi muscle pro max chocolate and I'm not too keen on the way it tastes. So we shall see
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have 50g of Holland & Barrett's High Fibre muesli and I add to that 1 tbsp of Linwoods milled flaxseed and 1 tsp of Minvita's baobab powder (both of which can also be bought from Holland & Barrett - GREAT health benefits should you not already be familiar with them) with 100ml Tesco "Free From" unsweetened soya mik (totals 212cals). I eat breakfast at 7am and this keeps me full up until I take my lunch at 1.30pm, though I do usually have a large orange for a snack at 11am.