I'm new here

Options
Hi y'all! I'm Renee and i recently signed on to here. I'm really happy about the website, it's so easy to keep track of what i should and shouldn't eat. I even got my boyfriend to join and it makes it easier to try and lose weight with him watching his intake too. Well if anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them, trying to lose about 30lbs so anything helps.

Replies

• crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Welcome :happy: this site is great! You will love it!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this great world!!!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome.
    I love this site.
    Today is day 100 for me; I'm quite addicted!!
    My advice is always log and log everything.
    Keeps you accountable and when you hit a dry spell or have an off week you can look back and see why.
    Good luck on your new journey!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome! :-)

my four pieces of advice is this. like h_eloise86 says, log everything. and don't cheat on it. you're only cheating yourself if you're not accurately logging.

add people, if you like. you will develop a great support network. lots of friends look at each other's food diaries too and make suggestions, or they do workouts you've never heard of. besides, its always better do anything with a friend.

participate in the forums when you get a chance. there is such a wealth of information. many people have the same questions you may have, and there's always room to learn.

lastly, have fun! :-)
    take care
    liz
  • tthrasher34
    Options
    Welcome,

1. I recommend 30 minutes of good cardio at your target heart rate three times a week.

2. If you do not eat a healthy breakfast......... start.

3. I have the best results on days when I do some type of cardio daily, even if it is a 30 minute brisk walk

4. Since you are doing this with your boyfriend, do not get discouraged if he looses weight faster than you/

5. Do some type of strength training, if your cardio is bike riding or running, you should do something that strengthens the muscle groups that you use to perform your cardio.

6. Eat a reasonable healthy snack between each meal.

7. I drink a 6 oz glass of orange flavored medimucil 20 minutes prior to each meal, it limits the amount that I WANT to eat, and helps me to stay within my caloric boundaries.