Calling all morning exercisers for advice!

Options
I am planning to get in some morning exercise before I start work tomorrow, for the first time. However, I am a little nervous that it's going to make me tired for the rest of the day.

How do YOU cope? How does it affect you?

Replies

• ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You will not feel tired...You will have loads of energy for the rest of the day....
  • selmafeki
    selmafeki Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Doing any workout in the morning fills me with energy! I do not get tired but more energetic. I love it, and wish I could do it more often!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This is great to here! I'm looking forward to it! Just hope that energy lasts until night, I help run a youth club.. definitely need energy then!
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    what kind of exercises?
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    what kind of exercises?

Running. So, cardio.
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm the same...always workout heaps harder in the mornings and feel awesome all day. Due to my husband working fifo, having kiddies and work I only get a few early morning sessions in a week the rest at night. Enjoy it!!!
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    I'm the same...always workout heaps harder in the mornings and feel awesome all day. Due to my husband working fifo, having kiddies and work I only get a few early morning sessions in a week the rest at night. Enjoy it!!!

Thanks!

How long do you guys exercise for each morning? Your normal hour, or even just half an hour?
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Exercise is great in the morning. Makes you full of beans for the rest of the day and the when you're done with work you can go straight home - guilt free!
  • SunnyMoss
    SunnyMoss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My morning exercise actually help me wake up and stay more alert during the day. When I do feel a drag coming, I go to the gym and get that burst of energy all over again. If you can't sneak in a mid-day workout, trying just going for a mini walk. That always helps me.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually feel more energetic and motivated for the rest of the day :) plus its great knowing that it's out of the way, and whatever you do now you've already done one good thing that day :) if you know what I mean :)
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Thanks guys! Does the morning you wake up early to do exercise affect your alertness the next day due to being a bit tired? I have 2 hours of zumba the next day and last week I was extremely tired. I don't want to waste the work out again!
  • AQ3107
    Options
    what kind of exercises?

Running. So, cardio.

My personal experience is this;

I run between 5-6k every morning before going to work.
    I also walk 3 miles to the nearest tube station every morning.

and repeat the same for the evening.

To begin with, you will feel tired as your body will get used to and adjust but that won't last for long maybe a week.
    I am not a breakfast person so I never eat in the morning but I do have a big lunch.

You will be fine. Once your system get used to it, you will actually start looking forward to it.
    Best of luck x
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love working out in the morning. Gives me much more energy through the day. I'm currently doing Insanity so its about 60min session. I also like the fact that i then know how many more calories i need to eat through the day.

Good luck:)
  • lisalu20
    lisalu20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I exercise every morning, a mixture of treadmill brisk walking and a body fat busting DVD, plus Yoga stretches. It sets me up for the day, and I have more energy and stamina. I usually exercise for about 45 - 60 minutes. It's the only time for me as I work every afternoon/evening during the week. Good luck!
  • sp98
    sp98 Posts: 46
    Options
    I do 60 minute sessions of both cardio and strength and I never feel tired ...more energy if anything. Just make sure you eat adequate protein :-)
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    what kind of exercises?

Running. So, cardio.

To begin with, you will feel tired as your body will get used to and adjust but that won't last for long maybe a week.
    I am not a breakfast person so I never eat in the morning but I do have a big lunch.

You will be fine. Once your system get used to it, you will actually start looking forward to it.
    Best of luck x

Thank you very much for your advice. You have quickly become my inspiration! (If I could run 5k, but I'm getting there!)

Thanks everyone :love: :flowerforyou:
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options

WOAH! You do this EVERY week day? You must be super fit!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise around 5 am before my daughter gets up, otherwise I won't get a chance to do it and be focused. I have SOmuch more energy on the days I exercise compared to my rest days!! I don't think you'll regret it
  • AQ3107
    Options
    what kind of exercises?

Running. So, cardio.

Best of luck x

Thank you very much for your advice. You have quickly become my inspiration! (If I could run 5k, but I'm getting there!)

Thanks everyone :love: :flowerforyou:

am touched thank you
    You will soon be running 5k don't fret
    you will actually be running 5k twice a day somedays trust me
    the human body is built is known for its ability to adapt so given a couple of weeks your new routine will no seem hard at all

Just remember to eat well and go to bed early otherwise the tiredness from lack of sleep will make you more tired than the exercise itself and will trick you into giving up.

I am in bed by 9.30 every night and wake up around 5.30 am.
    Sleeping enough hours is the key to be able to exercise in the morning - in my opinion.

thanks
    good luck x
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    Whereas most people enjoy a morning coffee before heading out the door, I save it for when I get out the gym.
    It works for me.