How many calories do you burn during zumba?

Options
Hi everyone Ive tried typing this into the fitness log but it doesnt come up. Anyone know?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody, and this is where a good heart rate monitor would come in handy.

I typically burn around 500 calories per hour long Zumba workout, but someone else might burn more or less depending on their weight and current fitness level.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    As the poster above said - it depends on the person. I use a HRM and I generally burn between 400-700 calories an hour - depending on the intensity and how well I know routines.

There are a few calculators that estimate the calorie burn on the internet - and although there is no 'official' log for Zumba in the exercise search, I used to use the ballroom dancing, and it used to severely underestimate me!
  • 12miller1234
    Options
    Zumba Fitness is great fun and an excellent way to burn those calories and aid in weight loss. As you dance you are exercising and raising your heart rate, however because of the fun party atmosphere Zumba Fitness does not feel a chore to burn calories.
    if you are 150lb you burn 536 Zumba calories per hour, this is great if you happen to be 150lb.
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i burn about 900 cal an hour according to my game on xbox but i am about 230 lbs! Plus i do it on the 'hard' level!

Hope this helps, If you know anyone with zumba on kinetic it will tell you your calories!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i use this site to figure out mine.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got it on Wii and it says I have 557 points could this be calories
  • skinnybitchmode01
    Options
    Thank you everyone x
  • skinnybitchmode01
    Options
    i use this site to figure out mine.

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

^^^
    This is brill thank you :-)
  • JaneStanley8
    JaneStanley8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree - it depends on age, weight and heart rate. I found this calculation useful (put it into Excel !)

Calculate the calories burned. This is given by the equation calories burned = (0.074 x age in years - 0.05741 x weight in pounds + 0.4472 x average heart rate - 20.4022) x time elapsed / 4.184.

For an example calculation, a 43-year-old weighing 143 pounds exercised for 45 minutes with an average heart rate during the session of 141 bpm: (0.074 x 43 - 0.05741 x 143 + 0.4472 x 141 - 20.4022) x 45 / 4.184 = 405 calories during your exercise session