ridiculous...

Options
c1aireee
c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
I have changed my weight loss goal today from losing 2 pounds a week to losing 1 pound per week cos I never hit losing 2 pound a week ( sometimes not even 1 pound a week ???? ) so i now have a different calorie goal from 1200 to 1450 a day , but now I am going to bed soon and still have over 700 calories to eat with the net amount after all my exercise is just 683!!! ridiculous thing what to eat before I go to bed that's 700 calories worth and not bad for me!!!??? anyone else have this problem???

Replies

• karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would skip it for tonight and start fresh in the morning.
    Good luck!
  • c1aireee
    Options
    so if my calorie goal is 1450 a day and I do say 500 cals worth of exercise a day, at the end of the day does my net amount need to be at 1450 so I don't go into starvation mode? is that right?
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry if this doesn't happen every day! It happens to me sometimes and I just try to net at least 1200. I usually end up making up for it later in the week anyways. If you're not hungry, don't eat.

** Edit: I'm not saying this is the right thing to do, but that's what I think is the best option in that situation.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat ALL of your exercise calories if you're not hungry. But you really should try to NET at least your BMR, on average, most of the time.
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat ALL of your exercise calories if you're not hungry. But you really should try to NET at least your BMR, on average, most of the time.

Agree 100% :)
  • c1aireee
    Options
    what's bmr?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

Yes, try to always net at least your BMR.

If you are ending up with 700 calories left at the end of the day that you cannot fit in, then you should try eating more food throughout the day. Depending on how/when you take your meals, spread that out to something like an extra 200 cals at breakfast, 200 extra at lunch and maybe 100 cals extra for snacks.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    what's bmr?

Your Basal Metabolic Rate - the calories your body burns just by staying alive - breathing, heart function, brain use etc. etc.

ETA: There are numerous online calculators, like this one for example http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/metric-bmr-calculator.php
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    so if my calorie goal is 1450 a day and I do say 500 cals worth of exercise a day, at the end of the day does my net amount need to be at 1450 so I don't go into starvation mode? is that right?

don't worry about starvation mode..you can't go into it if you are eating 1450 calories a day...that is just a myth...

What you could do is just calculate your TDEE and deduct 25% from it and just not eat your exercise calories back..that seems to be an easier method for people then having to worry about should I, or should I not eat my exercise calories back...

I never eat exercise calories back...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have changed my weight loss goal today from losing 2 pounds a week to losing 1 pound per week cos I never hit losing 2 pound a week ( sometimes not even 1 pound a week ???? ) so i now have a different calorie goal from 1200 to 1450 a day , but now I am going to bed soon and still have over 700 calories to eat with the net amount after all my exercise is just 683!!! ridiculous thing what to eat before I go to bed that's 700 calories worth and not bad for me!!!??? anyone else have this problem???

so presumably before you changed your goal you would be going to bed with 450 extra cals?!
  • c1aireee
    Options

so presumably before you changed your goal you would be going to bed with 450 extra cals?!

yeah at least that amount
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I would eat something. I find that if I go to bed with that large a calorie deficit, I can't make it up the next day--I'm hungry all the time and generally feel like crap. I would at least have a glass of milk or a few crackers with cheese or peanut butter to reduce the deficit to something smaller.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SO NDJ1979 WAT IZ UR CALORIE GOAL DAILY? DO U JUX EAT THAT & DNT LOG UR WORKOUT CALORIES SO MFP WNT SHOOT UR CALORIES UP?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with milk. Will also give you micronutrients.

Might not hit 700 calories, but you'll at least get 300 or so. The calcium you get from it will also be pretty high.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

If you aren't hungry just skip it. No reason to make yourself eat if you aren't hungry.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Make a peanut butter and banana sandwich - whole grain bread, banana slice up, 2 TBSP of PB. That'll get you at least 400 calories (depending on the kind of bread you use) and it's SO good.

Above all though, I'd highly recommend that you plan your eating better. Stay away from the diet foods and eat real stuff. No fat free, low carb, "lite", etc. Also include more calorie dense foods in your daily eating. Snack on nuts and seeds. Have peanut butter with your applie and hummus or regular dressing with your veggies. Add avocado to your sandwich or salad. Enjoy!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    SO NDJ1979 WAT IZ UR CALORIE GOAL DAILY? DO U JUX EAT THAT & DNT LOG UR WORKOUT CALORIES SO MFP WNT SHOOT UR CALORIES UP?

on work out days I eat up to my maitenance about 2800 calorids but sometimes do not quite get there..on non work out days I eat about 2200 whichis 600 cal defecit...

I am trying to lose body fat now though, so my goals are different then the OPs..
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Yes, try to always net at least your BMR.

If you are ending up with 700 calories left at the end of the day that you cannot fit in, then you should try eating more food throughout the day. Depending on how/when you take your meals, spread that out to something like an extra 200 cals at breakfast, 200 extra at lunch and maybe 100 cals extra for snacks.

Agree with the above. Add a little more to your earlier meals if you know you will have a big workout later in the day. Make sure you're well fueled for those workouts!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Make a peanut butter and banana sandwich - whole grain bread, banana slice up, 2 TBSP of PB. That'll get you at least 400 calories (depending on the kind of bread you use) and it's SO good.

Above all though, I'd highly recommend that you plan your eating better. Stay away from the diet foods and eat real stuff. No fat free, low carb, "lite", etc. Also include more calorie dense foods in your daily eating. Snack on nuts and seeds. Have peanut butter with your applie and hummus or regular dressing with your veggies. Add avocado to your sandwich or salad. Enjoy!

Agreed. Adding healthy fats will boost your calories and give you some good nutrients ;)
  • c1aireee
    Options
    thanks for all your replies so far