New to MFP and looking to meet new friends...

Options
Hi,

I am 44, living in London and new to MFP. I am married and have been a nanny for over 20 years, and am now thinking of a slight career change. I have been off work for over 5 months with a back problem due to a fall last summer, so this time off has given me all the time in the world to think ahead, and make some positive changes, the main one by losing weight. I have lots of goals I would like to reach by the end of the year and I am going to do it!!!

It would be great to hear from some other people on here, and hear your stories.

Kiki

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - This is a great place to find support and motivation
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I Can So identify with your back problems, thats one reason i started losing weight. Their is only good thing to say about losing weight. I'm 50 and exercising and doing Zumba for the first time in my life and loving it. Welcome!! :smile:
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to keep track of your calories and connect with others! You can add me as a friend if you like!
  • Queend11
    Queend11 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, here u will find great support! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Welcome to MFP, this is a amazing website.I can relate with the back,I've had back problems for over 7 years and mine just keeps getting worse
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Go ahead and add me if you wish. I am in Nova Scotia Canada! I too have lts of goals for the year and welcome any support I can get and happy to lend a hand to others as well. --Meg
  • marksvizz
    marksvizz Posts: 33
    Options
    I am looking for new freinds that are devoted to make a lifestyle change to loose weight , please add me if you are trully motivated to do this!
  • KikiTea
    KikiTea Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I have only just seen them. I am on here all the time and had no idea there were any replies. It would be great to make new friends here, so we can all support one another. I really do feel motivated and want to get this weight off, for many reasons - I have a whole wardrobe of lovely clothes that I hope to get into by the summer . But to feel fit and healthy again, and get that spring back in my step would be a dream, and one that I will achieve. :)
  • KikiTea
    KikiTea Posts: 8
    Options
    That is an incredible weight loss Terri. What an inspiration. I've heard of Zumba but don't really know what it is. I can't do anything physical at the moment other than walking, but once my back has recovered, I think I am up for anything. I used to go to the gym years ago and loved it.