Hi! Looking for motivating friends on this 50+ journey

Options
Lauren2H
Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
Hihi!

I'm over weight, unhealthy, unhappy and ready to do something about it. I have over 50 pounds to eat and struggle with emotional and disordered eating. I'm looking for some friends to help encourage me and also kick me in the butt when needed too.

Cheers!
Lauren

Replies

• Simo606
    Simo606 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to be your friend and we can work towards getting healthier :)

I've got 46lbs to lose which is close to your goal so we can help motivate each other along the way.

We can do this!
  • fifi02
    fifi02 Posts: 5
    Options
    i have 49 pounds to loose!! and definitely struggle to find motivation :)
  • millions47
    millions47 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING...LETS DO IT TOGETHER. :flowerforyou:
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Please do add me, and everyone else who wants to help each-other out when needed! :)
  • tearoycat
    tearoycat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have 50 pounds to lose. We can all be each others motivation.
  • BigRamsay01
    Options
    Hey there, and welcome to MyFitnessPal!

Feel free to add me as well. I relatively new here, but am in the same boat. :) I am doing P90x myself, and it is kicking my butt... in a good way of course!

Hope to talk to you soon.

- John
  • bhoffe01
    bhoffe01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. i have about 60lbs to lose and need all the encouragement i can get
  • MajorRyan
    MajorRyan Posts: 18
    Options
    You can add me if you like....Just started up again
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am add-able and always able to motivate!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I have more like 90 pounds to lose but would love to help be your support system.. I welcome any and all advice myself..
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a bit over 50 more that I want to lose; sending friend request :)
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me, sometimes I need that kick in the but also, we all need support on this journey to a healthier lifestyle
  • Totallyannoyed
    Options
    I have 45 (ish) pounds to lose and I'd like to do it by my birthday in November. So that's 8 months. I am the mother of 2 small children. You'd think that would be enough to get the weight off with all the chasing I do in the run of a day, but apparently not. Looking for new ideas to get some activity in and always on the look out for new recipe/food ideas.
  • sweetmel219
    sweetmel219 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 15-20 I think and just started insanity! Anyone can add me! You can never have too much support!!
  • Mommydearest06
    Mommydearest06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me in. Its possible, we just got to stick with it and lets not get so easily discouraged if it doesn't happen as fast as we want it to. Just know a good weight loss is 1/2 -3 pounds a week. The quicker you lose the unhealthy it could be and the quicker you can regain it back. So lets do it the right way and be encouraged.
  • fengirl
    fengirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I joined on here the other year, dropped out and I am back with a vengeance :smile:
    I have about 40lb to lose and need to get healthy , this time I feel focused to do it.. I hate feeling unfit, hate looking at my clothes in the wardrobe that no longer fit me... :cry: and I want to do this for me. I am loving being able to keep track of what I am eating, and this app. really helps me.. and yes it actually stops me cheating :laugh:

I work nightshifts, which my Dr has told me has helped in my weight gain.. luckily with the work I do I am able to take my Yoga dvd with me and use that for an hour... Keep focused.. we can do this :wink:
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friend list. I have 40 pounds to myself!! I also would like more support from other mfp!!
    This is a great place to be!! Everyone have a great and healthly day!!!

:smile:
  • autumndragon22
    autumndragon22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have about 45 pounds left to lose! Feel free to add me.
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well. I have lost 60ish and have about 60-70 more to go! Totally doable!!! I love receiving motivation and support and seeing everyone else's successes makes it so much easier!
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooooooo much for the warm welcome everyone!! It make a girl feel good. :)

I did note something embarrassing when I retread my OP and realized I said "I have over 50 pounds to eat!!!" Opps, that was one hell of a typo, huh??? Thanks for realizing I meant loose.... Lol