How to lose 10lbs in 2 months.

Okay so i weigh 133lbs so i highly doubt its possible to lose 10lbs in 2 months but if there is.. what would it be?

Replies

• a_claire
    a_claire Posts: 61
    That's definitely possible. It's roughly 1.25 pounds a week. You do it the same way that everyone loses weight. Eat less food, work out more. There is no secret.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Reasonable calorie deficit - 80% good for you/"clean" foods, 20% not perfect foods lol

Exercise - mix of cardio & strength training.
    With strength training - whether bodyweight or with weights, you'll lose inches & look like you lost that 10lbs.

Judging from your ticker, it's your last 10 pounds so it might be harder than if you were just starting out.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Going to be hard, but not undoable. I would think that .5-1 pound would be a better goal, but 1.25 isn't undoable. You will have to be super strict with calorie counting and the calories you burn, etc....

I would suggest heavy lifting. That way if you haven't lost the weight you might be able to lose some inches so "look" like you lost more than you really have.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    That's definitely possible. It's roughly 1.25 pounds a week. You do it the same way that everyone loses weight. Eat less food, work out more. There is no secret.

This.
  • CampbellHendry
    CampbellHendry Posts: 84 Member
    You can definitely lose more than 10 lbs in a month depending on your bf%, p90x is what I swear by.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

This.

agreed.

but if it is the last 10lbs, then i would say no, aim for 0.5lbs per week, and start to work your calories up to maintenance.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    I have insanity & turbofire... I also need to train for broadstreet run which i have 9 weeks to do... now if i eat 1200 calories and workout do i have to eat ALL The calories back i burned or half.. how true is this starvation mode thing because i dont want that to happene either
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    I have insanity & turbofire... I also need to train for broadstreet run which i have 9 weeks to do... now if i eat 1200 calories and workout do i have to eat ALL The calories back i burned or half.. how true is this starvation mode thing because i dont want that to happene either

I would eat back at least 1/2 the workout calories. If I don't then I start to feel lethargic and that will effect your workouts and progress
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Thats true... I do have workout anxiety though... i hurt my knee and ankle with insanity and i havent gotten back to it since how is a good way to get back into this
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Thats true... I do have workout anxiety though... i hurt my knee and ankle with insanity and i havent gotten back to it since how is a good way to get back into this

If you hurt yourself, you probably weren't using the right form.

I'd start out slow and with a different problem, something a little less intense.
    Maybe try a Jillian Michaels dvd instead of insanity for a couple of weeks and then switch back
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    I just didnt have the right shoes or a jump mat... the shoes i had werent cross training & the mat i had was yoga while jumping on a hard patio floor but now i have a jump mat and the right shoes so