Giving up sugar

Options
Years ago I gave up all refined sugar, which made cutting calories easier but I think it also just helped me get rid of "bloat". Of course that eventually slipped away and now I'm heavier than ever. I really want to stop eating sugar again, but I need some encouragement. Is there anyone out there who would like to try going sugar free with me?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think if you just record the food you eat on here, you will achieve success, without having to cut out sugar. I had been going to the gym since January, but was seeing no weight loss. I started using this site 2 months ago, and lost 12 of the 23 pounds I want to lose. The hard thing with cutting sugar is that it is naturally in so many things, like fruit and milk. And the artificial sweeteners have their own drawbacks. Try eating a well balanced diet. I wish you success! :flowerforyou:
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I would but I think it'll take some time to get to that point. Slowly weezling myself off of it would probably be the best for me.
  • kellyblack
    kellyblack Posts: 25
    Options
    Edestiny7 I know what you mean about tracking food and losing, but for me, the craving for refined sugar is so intense its more like an addiction.

I guess I should clarify: When I say cut out sugar, I mean cut out refined sugar. I've been eating fruit and it seems to present no problem.

I have been going sugar free AND wheat free the past 3 days, and so far I have dropped 3.5 lbs! I'm going to continue this and see how it goes! :smile: