I blew it BIG TIME

:explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble: :devil: :sick: :sad:
Last night my husband and I decided to watch a movie. It was very late 10pm. He offered me a hot toddie. I said yes. He made me a Kahlua and hot non fat milk. 1 drink became 2 and 2 became 3 and 3 became 4. He also brought out the brownies my kids baked earlier. I had cut them into 1x1 inch square. I told him I would have just 1. We started the movie and he had the brownies right next to use. I had one and while watching the movies, I didn't even realize that I was eating a lot of them. When we paused the movie for a pee break, I looked down and realized I ate 1/2 the plate of brownies. I couldn't believe it. I was sooo made. I started drinking water, and woke up this morning feeling like crap. Hit the gym and punished myself big time. 1 hour tread at 12 incline, 3.6 speed. 45 minutes weights-abs and legs. Tonight I am going back after my sons wrestling match. I will swim for an hour. I am sooo mad. I have totally let myself down. I know that we are human, and we make mistakes, but this was a catastrophe. I refuse to get on the scale. I don't want another disappointment. I will wait for a few weeks.
Thanks for letting me vent. Back on track I go.
By the way, this all happened in about an hour.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    :explode: :mad: :angry: :grumble: :devil: :sick: :sad:
    Last night my husband and I decided to watch a movie. It was very late 10pm. He offered me a hot toddie. I said yes. He made me a Kahlua and hot non fat milk. 1 drink became 2 and 2 became 3 and 3 became 4. He also brought out the brownies my kids baked earlier. I had cut them into 1x1 inch square. I told him I would have just 1. We started the movie and he had the brownies right next to use. I had one and while watching the movies, I didn't even realize that I was eating a lot of them. When we paused the movie for a pee break, I looked down and realized I ate 1/2 the plate of brownies. I couldn't believe it. I was sooo made. I started drinking water, and woke up this morning feeling like crap. Hit the gym and punished myself big time. 1 hour tread at 12 incline, 3.6 speed. 45 minutes weights-abs and legs. Tonight I am going back after my sons wrestling match. I will swim for an hour. I am sooo mad. I have totally let myself down. I know that we are human, and we make mistakes, but this was a catastrophe. I refuse to get on the scale. I don't want another disappointment. I will wait for a few weeks.
    Thanks for letting me vent. Back on track I go.
    By the way, this all happened in about an hour.
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Good for you hitting the gym even though you felt like crap!!:wink:

Thats been my main motivation for keeping the alcohol intake way down. Im petrified that I wont get up and workout in the morning if Im hungover!! Congrats for getting right back on it. So you had a slip up. You're doing the right thing - keep it up!!
  • icandoit
    Good for you hitting the gym even though you felt like crap!!:wink:

Thats been my main motivation for keeping the alcohol intake way down. Im petrified that I wont get up and workout in the morning if Im hungover!! Congrats for getting right back on it. So you had a slip up. You're doing the right thing - keep it up!!

Thanks you. No hand over!! I have never had one. I never mix my drinks. I have woke up drunk, but never had a hang over. Thank God!!!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Boy, are you lucky! I have had two day hangovers!! But not in a loooong time:blushing:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    icandoit, I can TOTALLY relate. I am the exact same way when I drink. I always think I'll have one drink, but then that turns into 2 or 3... which isn't even the bad part. The bad part is when I crave sugar and bad foods! I let down my guard and loose my mind. The next day when I wake up I just feel like crap and I hate myself. The good thing is you don't do this all the time. It was one night... and now it's over. You did the right thing by getting yourself into the gym and right back on track. Remember to show yourself some grace and be good to yourself. Drink that water and focus on where you're headed, not where you've been. I'm with you, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    For future ref.
    You remember hearing that if you drink you will losse your inhabitions and get on the dance floor?
    Well the same thing happens with food. You lose your inhabitions and mindlessly eat.
    To you. Good for the working out to get back on track. But TRY hard not to think of it as PUNISHMENT! Working out should not EVER be PUNISHMENT! it should be FUN! if you keep thinking of working out as PUNISHMENT, you are more apt to QUIT working out. :cry: YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT!
    Try a different TYPE of PUNISHMENT. Like looking at the Gray's Book of internal medicine and find a picture of a burnt out liver. THAT is PUNISHMENT!
    Now, I hate to do this because I do not KNOW the man and before if I remember right you said how supportive he was towards your treck to lose weight. But I have to say this. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON HIM!!!!! How COULD he have DONE that to you? Bad Hubby! Go to your room! :wink:
    --Diann...
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Icandoit...don't look back and don't beat yourself up over it...we have to treat ourselves once in a blue moon...I blew it yesterday too...my boyfriend took me to a buffet...I had way to many calories yesterday...this week I plan to eat lean and workout, same as you...here we go, marching towards our goals.

Yours,
    Fat Dancer
  • Hey ICANDOIT! You are normally so postive, don't beat yourself up, alchohol is a dangerous thing, I know all about that! I'm sure we all do. I know exactly how you feel, self discipline around food goes straight out the window after a few drinks, thats why I try to stick to one glass as a treat...but that normally turns into 2...then a bottle and then I get the munchies and raid the fridge....and to combat the hangover the next day it generally takes fatty coke and chocolate and crips......with a big helping of never again!!! Anyway, gotta dash, drooling over my favourite cooking prgramme right now!!!
  • icandoit
    Thank you all. I feel better now. Thank you for the positive thoughts. I am back on track. I went back to the gym and swam for about 1.25 hours. Feel great!!
    Have a great evening:flowerforyou: and thank you again.
  • icandoit
    For future ref.
    You remember hearing that if you drink you will losse your inhabitions and get on the dance floor?
    Well the same thing happens with food. You lose your inhabitions and mindlessly eat.
    To you. Good for the working out to get back on track. But TRY hard not to think of it as PUNISHMENT! Working out should not EVER be PUNISHMENT! it should be FUN! if you keep thinking of working out as PUNISHMENT, you are more apt to QUIT working out. :cry: YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT!
    Try a different TYPE of PUNISHMENT. Like looking at the Gray's Book of internal medicine and find a picture of a burnt out liver. THAT is PUNISHMENT!
    Now, I hate to do this because I do not KNOW the man and before if I remember right you said how supportive he was towards your treck to lose weight. But I have to say this. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON HIM!!!!! How COULD he have DONE that to you? Bad Hubby! Go to your room! :wink:
    --Diann...

I did blame him, but it is really my fault. He helped me today. Next time it will be his fault. Oh wait....there won't be a next time.
  • icandoit
    For future ref.
    --Diann...

I did blame him, but it is really my fault. He helped me today. Next time it will be his fault. Oh wait....there won't be a next time.