What to do after insanity?

Options
Hey guys!!

So I am on my last week on Insanity. This is my 2nd time doing it but I guess I didn't put that much effort into it this time and I haven't been eating right (I know that is the key!!), so I havent seen such great results. But I definitely feel stronger and have some muscle definition! :)

Anyways, I still have a lot of weight left to loose. So I would like to do TurboFire or ChaLean Extreme, I wanted to do a hybrid of both but I just dont have the money to do both.

So I wanted to know which one is better for loosing weight? TurboFire is very cardio based, while CLX is more weights.

I have been looking all over and have just been getting very conflicting responses! So I was hoping maybe someone who has done Insanity and what they did next could help me out!

Or maybe someone can suggest a different work out! I am up for that as well!

Thanks!

Hera

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You could do Turbofire and then do a weights programme yourself. Do you go to the gym or have you weights at home. If you search here for heavy lifting, you'll find lots of advice.
  • 4Boys4Me
    4Boys4Me Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't done either but a friend of mine lost her weight (70+lbs) with TurboFire and she LOVES it. That's the program I'm getting next.
  • neni06
    neni06 Posts: 10
    Options
    Try the next insanity videos. It's called asylum. :)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options

Yup, now you are certifiably insane. It's time to become committed to the Asylum.
  • hera621
    hera621 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You could do Turbofire and then do a weights programme yourself. Do you go to the gym or have you weights at home. If you search here for heavy lifting, you'll find lots of advice.

I haven't gone to the gym in a while, but I can always go to the one on campus. And even doing weight training a couple of times a week with TurboFire should help, I think.

But I will look up on mfp about heavy lifting like you suggested!

Thanks! :)
  • hera621
    Options
    I haven't done either but a friend of mine lost her weight (70+lbs) with TurboFire and she LOVES it. That's the program I'm getting next.

That's great for your friend!! That totally motivates me even more to get the program! :)
  • hera621
    Options

Yup, now you are certifiably insane. It's time to become committed to the Asylum.

I would try the next insanity videos. I saw the video but I really have no room to do all those jumps! lol I barely had any room to the jumps in insanity.

I might try Insanity Asylum another time, maybe when I am even in more better shape! :)
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if moving down the scale is your goal I would go with Turbo Fire. I have never done it, but I have done Chalean Extreme. I only lost 3 lbs in 90 days, but I did lose a lot of inches. It will make you stronger.
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We completed insanity and loved every second of it. But didn't find it practial doing it 6 day's a week, so now we do 2 days 1 Max and a onw first month and then our own exercise another night of the week.

Weight loss isn't as rapid, but Id say we are as fit if not fitter. Insanity is hard on ur body too.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Asylum next...already have it :)
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. My total Soul Mate workout. If you are looking to Tone up there is always Chalean Extreme :) I have that too!
  • ethanrusell
    Options
    I did a Chalene Extreme and Insanity Hybrid and I really loved it. I had amazing results from Insanity and then doing the hybrid got me down to my goals. I didn't want to just stop Insanity since I had worked so hard at getting my cardio up and I didn't want to lose it.