What do i do? (Polar HRM issues)

Options
So I was the dumb one who skipped reading directions and killed the battery for my hrm but keeping the peice attached to the strap so I killed the battery, but i bought a new battery and replaced it but It still won't pick up my heart rate? What do I do?

Replies

• Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Which Polar do you have? How old is it?
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    ft4 i've had it for about 5months or so after I bought it off amazon
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Did you replace the battery in both pieces (the strap and the watch)? They are different batteries, but if you only replaced one that could be why it's not working. Also, did you wet the strap well before you put it on, and rinse it when your done and wash it every 5th use? I'm wondering if there is a bit of a buildup and it's not reading properly. Throw the strap in the washing machine and see if that helps if you haven't lately.
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    I always wet the strap before I use it but i haven't tried anything else you mentioned thanks a bunch I'll try that all out
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tip

I just purchased 2 extra straps for my F4 -

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/Soft_strap

WAYYY better than the fabric wear link that required you to wet the fabric components of the strap

Soft strap - you don't have to wet - it works when it makes contact with your skin :) HATE wet clammy chest strap in the AM - especially winter!