Bloating?

Options
Hello! I have a question and I'm wondering if anybody can help me with it or is experiencing a similar thing. I've gained a bit of weight over the past couple months and am now trying to get it off, but regardless of the weight I'm extremely bloated every single night, and sometimes even during the day too. And it's not just a little tiny bump, I actually have looked 5 months pregnant some nights and there's nothing I can do about it! I drink usually 3L of water a day, plus a cup or two of green tea, and I don't drink juices or sodas. I barely consume salt or overly processed foods, and don't add salt to most of my dishes. My diet consists of fruit, vegetables, oatmeal, almond milk, greek yogurt 0%(plain), nut butters, occasional legumes, occasional organic cereal for yogurt topping, tofu, egg whites, and occasionally eggs. I don't eat a lot of bread and the only sweetener I use is honey in oatmeal. I do drink on the weekend but it's gin with club soda (0 calorie, 0 sugars, 0 everything), and I have cheat meals but there's no way that could be affecting me for weeks. Is there anything you could suggest might be causing this? It's horrible and I'm so self conscious about it! Thank you.

I'm almost 5"4, 21 years old, HW: 190 / LW: 127 / CW: probably near 150 (dear god admitting that makes me want to cry)

Replies

• nikkinz
    nikkinz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I eat alot of veges I get bloated. I think its because it gives me gas. Beans and greek yogurt do this for me too.
  • bdburch
    bdburch Posts: 127
    Options
    Is your diet a new one? If it is a big change from your previous diet, your body may just be getting used to it. Certain veggies tend to make people gassy and bloated and any added fiber may not be helping that right now.

It's also possible that you are eating more sodium than you realize and are retaining water. Also, if you've recently started an exercise plan then you are likely retaining water.

If absolutely nothing is new and you haven't changed any habits, it could be some food allergy. I would go to the doctor and talk with them about your concerns.