preplanning daily menu and printing it

How many of you put your daily menu in and print it out for the day to refer back to?

Replies

• jenntex
    jenntex Posts: 6 Member
    I don't do it often, but when I do I find it to be very helpful. Even just planning meals for a few days and knowing what I am going to eat helps to not make poor choices. Its challenging sometimes especially since I am not a good cook so it is hard to use what's in the pantry sometimes. But like I said when I actually do it I do well that week.
  • I usually pre-plan most of my food items. It seems to make it easier in the long run to make sure I don't go over my calorie intake or run of of calories for what we end up having for dinner. Nothing worse than getting to dinner time and only have enough calories left for a Pine Float (glass of water and a tooth pick).

I don't print it out but I do have it handy on my phone and on my desk top screen at work. I am very good at tracking my calories. I am not so good at not using those extra calories I get when I exercise though......
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    I thought i would give it a try. I can't get to a computer all the time, but in the morning before the kids are up I can spend some time pre planning. I get to up grade my cell phone next week so I will be getting a phone that I can download the MFP app. I had foot surgery in Dec. and I have to get this weight off to speed up my recovery. I know MFP will help me do that!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    I pre-plan my meals and kind of leave snacks/desert open till I see what exercise I actually get for the day or plan for the day. It's been very successful for me.
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Hi here is a program that might help with the meal planing. you can even down load reciepes from the internet and when your done it can give you a shoping list too. I use it it helps plan for the week and use it to try to help eat more healthy. the softwear is called cook'n its a recipe organizer it also have meal planing too.

here is the link to the site: http://www.dvo.com?a_aid=51361a112f3e3
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    thanks stacey!