Hi new from Lewiston, MI

Options
Hi my name is Karen & I am from Lewiston, MI. Wanted to join WW but with the driving distance to get to a meeting 35 miles & the cost I just couldn't do it. I heard of this site and said I need to do something so here I am. Look forward to getting and giving suppport to fellow weight losers.

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great website and should provide everything you need if you log everything you eat in your food diary. Best Wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi Karen. I'm from Michigan too. I live in Chesterfield (on Lake St. Clair), but we have a cabin in Mio. Glad to see you and hope you enjoy MFP.
  • fmralskn86
    fmralskn86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Karen! I LOVE this website. It may not be the same as attending a WW meeting; however, it is great for helping you realize what it is you are eating. I know that has been the greatest benefit for me. I have been on here for 50 days now. Have I made my goal every single day---no. I will say that it has been a great encouragement to me as I work on losing the weight I need to lose. Looking forward to seeing you succeed on here as well. Welcome again to this new healthy journey.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Welcome!!! I wish you the best of luck. It amazes me how easy this has been - consider it a lifestyle change and not a diet. I live about an hour north of you in Millersburg. Feel free to friend me if you'd like additional support.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, I'm a Michigander as well. While I've been on this quest since the first of the year, I just joined this site a couple of days ago. I'm at the point where I need to add physical activity and find logging my food and my exercise has motivated me to add some other activities to my daily walk. Good Luck!! :flowerforyou: