What's playing in your headphones that gets you motivated?

Options

Replies

• SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Scream & Shout

Muse - Madness

Taylor Swift - Trouble (hangs head in shame for DLing Taylor Swift, but hey, I like the song)

A ton of Pearl Jam/Radiohead... . not so much that it's workout music, but I like them.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Progressive trance and heavy metal but my all time favorite is LMFAO-Sexy and I know it, when it's on, I look at the bodybuilders lifting weights and I envision them kissing their biceps, it keeps me entertained on the boring elliptical.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Progressive trance and heavy metal but my all time favorite is LMFAO-Sexy and I know it, when it's on, I look at the bodybuilders lifting weights and I envision them kissing their biceps, it keeps me entertained on the boring elliptical.

LOL!!!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Mine is still just house/dance music, it keeps me going that I don't know what song is which and it feels like it's never ending.
  • BekaMiller
    BekaMiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    eminem - till i collapse

This ^ Actually almost anything by eminem...Not Afraid, Lose Yourself, Cinderella Man, etc.
    Remember the Name by Fort Minor
    Heart of A Champion by Nelly
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Boom Boom Pow -Black Eyed Peas
    Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)
    Outta Space- Billy Preston
    Jeopardy- Greg Kihn Band
    Christmas in Sarejavo- Trans Siberian Orchestera- beleive it or not, it has a good rhythm for biking.
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not normally my go-to music any other time, but I love some Lady Gaga and Katy Perry when I hit the treadmill.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Toby Mac!!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park
    The Prodigy
    80s tunes
    Garbage (Push It is my "push through" song when I feel my energy flagging towards the end of my cardio)
    Muse
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pandora - deadmau5.....love the beats of most of the songs and it keeps me pumped and motivated on the treadmill and elliptical.
  • JessicaP327
    JessicaP327 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am always curious about what type of music people listen to while they are doing some sort of activity like running,weight training,cardio, etc. I change it up sometimes but I always end back to the house music pumpin through my ear buds.
    What do some of you listen to?

When I used to listen to music, it was 80s (nerdy, right?). But I started getting so bored on the treadmill/elliptical listening to music no matter what kind. So now I watch movies on my phone. Not the crappy TV shows they have on generic stations at the gym. I tap into my Netflix account and pull up a movie. Recently its been "Warrior" with Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton. I'll watch for the entirety of my time on the machine and then stop until the next round. It helps me forget how boring cardio is!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I listen to lots of angry stuff. Angry Dance from Billy Elliot is a good one, as is a good chunk of the songs from Emilie Autumn's newest album, Fight Like a Girl. For some weird reason, Time for Tea always gets me pumped XD
  • bootsiejayne
    bootsiejayne Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anything hard. I love to listen to Godsmack. That's my favorite. Makes me feel like a bad *kitten* and I work out harder/longer. I like Rob Zombie, NIN, Shinedown, A7X too.
  • weezbagy
    weezbagy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is my running soundtrack:

Just Fine - Mary J. Blige
    Good Feeling - Flo Rida
    Party at Ground Zero - Fishbone (this makes me want to start chasing people for some reason...)
    200 - Diplo
    Nothing Really Matters - Madonna
    Midnight City - M83
    1 Thing - Amerie
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    "Maddness" by Muse is a current favorite, along with "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I listen to lots of angry stuff. Angry Dance from Billy Elliot is a good one, as is a good chunk of the songs from Emilie Autumn's newest album, Fight Like a Girl. For some weird reason, Time for Tea always gets me pumped XD

I love you. :D That's such a great album, and all her stuff is in rotation on my Sansa... If people ONLY knew. :P

I have 32GB of EBM, Industrial, Punk Noise, Electroglitch and various dubstep/EDM. I use the EDM stuff when I'm having a particularly crappy day and my hate music would just make me want to slaughter cute fluffy things. I just flip through whatever works with my tempo at the time - I ain't that picky.
  • Twiheart2369
    Twiheart2369 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any Pitbull song :)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    "Maddness" by Muse is a current favorite, along with "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons.

M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m- Mad Mad Mad...

My favorite!
  • romo182
    romo182 Posts: 2
    Options
    Right Above It has an awesome beat, feel like I could run for days.
  • justmyself33
    Options
    The earrings song - Gretchen Wilson
    Jessie's Girl
    The New Workout Plan - Kayne West
    Sexy & I know it
    And various songs from the musicals The Book of Mormon, Avenue Q and Legally Blonde