My Name is Lindsay and I'm a Food Addict - Day 6

Options
so yesterday was an ok day. i had a good breakfast, good snacks and went to wendy's for lunch. it was not a binge, so i'm fine with it. i could easily have eaten 3 meals from there, but i stuck to just one. looking back on my day, i guess it really wasn't all that great. i also had 2 small scoops of ice cream and a small toblerone bar... hmmm... this is going downhill... and for dinner i had prk chops with musroom sauce and rice.

i wonder why i didn't think it was a bad day? i know right now i am concentrating on just not bingeing, in one big sitting, but i didn't eat well yesterday at all... i guess bingeing can almost take the form of spreading it out through the day iof everything you eat is crap... interesting.

well there was no rhyme or reason as to why i ate bad things, and honestly at the time i don't think i associated those things with poor choices. 2 scoops of ice cream instead of 4... good for me! one meal instead of 3 at wendy's... good for me! one little chocoalte bar instead of the huge christmas-sized one... yippee!! i guess that was a weird way to go through the day...

ah well, i'm happy today. it gorgeous out, i'm thinking of going for a walk to the harbour, later today my mom and i are walking along the shore and goign for a boat ride and then for dinner...so it should be a great day. i have some healthy choices planned for the morning and afternoon, but we are going to a pub for dinner so it will likey be a burger or something. i don't drink, so there will be some cals saved there.

anyhow, here is to today, to not bingeing, and to not quasi-bingeing throughout the day. have a good one!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so yesterday was an ok day. i had a good breakfast, good snacks and went to wendy's for lunch. it was not a binge, so i'm fine with it. i could easily have eaten 3 meals from there, but i stuck to just one. looking back on my day, i guess it really wasn't all that great. i also had 2 small scoops of ice cream and a small toblerone bar... hmmm... this is going downhill... and for dinner i had prk chops with musroom sauce and rice.

i wonder why i didn't think it was a bad day? i know right now i am concentrating on just not bingeing, in one big sitting, but i didn't eat well yesterday at all... i guess bingeing can almost take the form of spreading it out through the day iof everything you eat is crap... interesting.

well there was no rhyme or reason as to why i ate bad things, and honestly at the time i don't think i associated those things with poor choices. 2 scoops of ice cream instead of 4... good for me! one meal instead of 3 at wendy's... good for me! one little chocoalte bar instead of the huge christmas-sized one... yippee!! i guess that was a weird way to go through the day...

ah well, i'm happy today. it gorgeous out, i'm thinking of going for a walk to the harbour, later today my mom and i are walking along the shore and goign for a boat ride and then for dinner...so it should be a great day. i have some healthy choices planned for the morning and afternoon, but we are going to a pub for dinner so it will likey be a burger or something. i don't drink, so there will be some cals saved there.

anyhow, here is to today, to not bingeing, and to not quasi-bingeing throughout the day. have a good one!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I tell you , my favourite thing to get at Wendy's is the Southwest Taco Salad. I ate this everytime , even before starting to watch calories to lower my weight it is SO GOOD. I get it without the tortila chips and dressing/sauce and am SO stuffed afterwards. Hmm now I want one lol

I hope you and your mother have a Wondeful day together :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think you're making GREAT progress. You have to take this in baby steps or you'll feel deprived. So I think, you only ate one meal at Wendy's? Good!!! Think of when you used to eat three. You ate 2/3 less food than you used to. And you ate half the ice cream you normally would. I think that's great. Nobody changes overnight, and I think you're doing just fabulous.

Have a great day with your mom!
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    that's still a good day if it's half of what you would normally do...It's progress.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! yesterday WAS a good day for you, and for all the reasons you listed, 2 scoops instead of 4, only one wendy's instead of three, a small candy instead of large....every single one of those choices was a victory..:drinker: so be proud. those are great steps to healthy eating. not everyone can go cold turkey. and as you can see by the boards, we spend a lot of time talking about junk foods, and old favorites. :wink: now, just keep it going. keep making better and better choices. 1 scoop instead of two. then 1 scoop of sugar free or froze yogurt or lite ice cream. wendys has some healthy choices available, you can get their nutrition info online, I have gone to each of the fast food places I eat and downloaded their menus and nutrition, then when I know I am going I look to see what fills my needs for the day. You are doing what works for your lifestyle. no negative reinforcement!!! when you are at the pub make similar choices, and keep up the good work.
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    You should be proud of your progress! You've already lost 20 lbs!

The most important thing is that you felt good instead of guilty, which will positively affect you weight loss,
    vs. guilt hindering weight loss.

But if you have some doubts about what you ate today, just step on the scale tomorrow and see if what's the situation.

I step on the scale everyday and it helps me immensely, as I can ration how I eat on a day by day basis, and I've learned how my body reacts to certain things and ways I eat.