Jillian Micheals

Options
Hi,

Anyone doin JIllian Micheals dvds.. I have a few and interested to know what ones you all think are the best.
I have done a few of her vids and they all make you pump sweat (sorry to be blunt).. But would love to see results or find out which ones are your fave :)

Many thanks for checkin this out!

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian. I love the changes she makes to my body, but I hate some of the things she asks me to do do.

That being said, I have completed most of her DVDs! I started with 30DS, Loved it! Then Shed and Shred, it was good! Ripped in 30, Loved this one too! I have comlpeted Shred it with Weights, This one was Ok! and Kickbox Fast Fix, this one was only OK to me too!

I took a long break from her to go one to some of the Beachbody workouts. But now I am back with Body Revolution. This one might be my favorite so far! I am only about 1 month in, but I like it alot!
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    You are hardcore hun.. Thanks for sharing :)
    Well done on your weight loss (you have done amazin) judgin by your ticker ;)
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have her 6-week six pack, Yoga meltdown and the strength one. Sadly I haven't finished the yoga one yet (I bruised both of my knees very very badly a few weeks ago and it still hurts to kneel, but I'm hoping to be able to do the yoga soon because it seems great.

I've been doing the 6-week six pack for a little over 4 weeks (first three weeks at level one and the last week and a half as level 2) and while I haven't lost any weight, my abs are noticeably stronger and tighter.

The kettle bell work out is also awesome.

What I really like about her workouts is that I burn the same amount of calories in 35 minutes that it normally takes me 60 minutes to burn doing other exercises. It is a serious challenge, but it's compact and over quickly.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in a group that just started doing 30DS March 1 (lots of people started just before or after the first). It's an open group. Check the groups :-)
  • PattiBaldwin88
    PattiBaldwin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have her yoga DVD, 30 day shred, and now I'm doing the 90 Day Body Revolution. In the first month I lost about 4 lbs, but a total of 13.5 inches. It's 30 minutes, 6 days a week, which I think it totally do-able!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels workouts, I have 6 pack abs, No More Trouble Zones, Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism, Shred w/ Weights, Extreme Shed and Shred, Yoga Meltdown and Ripped in 30, but I can't seem to get past week 2. I tried the kickboxing one, not too crazy about it, I might try it again. I'm now doing Turbo Fire, but on my "rest days" I go back to Jillian. What I love about her workouts is that even though I've been doing them for so long, they STILL kick my *kitten*.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian!
    I curse at her a lot and call her quite a few filthy names during the workouts. That's how I know she's awesome.

I'm also part of the group doing 30 day shred and before that I've been alternating between level 1 and 2 of yoga meltdown daily. I have a few of her other videos but I haven't really tried them yet.

My favorite thing about doing her videos is that she has a foot tattoo as well. This helps me remember which leg I've already worked on, I know it sounds silly but I find it easier. Less thinking, I suppose.

edited because I can't seem to actually read things BEFORE I post.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    So happy with all your comments.. I have a few of her dvds and the 2 I have done some of are a killer :O but startin them again tomorrow (sweatin just thinkin about it) Lol
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I, too, have a love/hate relationship with jillian.

I hate her once I press play.
    I love her when the DVD stops until I press play again.

She kicks my butt (i'm currently doing the 30 day shred) and I love that; I feel challenged and I'm dripping sweat when I'm done.

I highly recommend it!
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Kickbox Fast Fix. I can't do all the ab workouts yet, but I'm working on it. love the kickboxing part.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just did No More Trouble Zones today for the first time in almost a year. Holy cow is that a tough one! You get a lot of the moves in her other videos but this one is strictly strength. You do a little cardio during the warmup (jumping jacks, jump rope, etc) then it's on to several circuits of super-sets...squats with shoulder raises, chest press with ab crunch, etc. It's a lot longer than the others, I think about 45 minutes from warm-up through cool down but unlike the other videos, you can select the circuits you want to do if you have less time.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred and really enjoyed it. Then started Ripped in 30 but only did the first 2 weeks. Now I've moved to ChaLEAN Extreme because I want to focus on strength training and lifing. I do like JM and might do Body Revolution after CE
  • msshermax
    Options
    I'm working with "No more trouble zones"; that is an awesome workout! I sweat so much; and definitely have seen cuts in my arms and abs. I've lost inches in my thighs and waist. I wish that I had take measurements prior to starting; to really know how far I have come. But I know that I have lose the inches because my clothes have become loose around the waist, thighs, and arms! I'm looking forward to trying some of the other workouts you guys have mentioned. Thanks for sharing!