paying more for a buffet ????

Options
eriny
eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
i just had to tell this i may be wrong but i dont understand why
all you can eat buffet (breakfast ). eat all the food you want fried of course.pancakes,waffles you name it and its Good :devil: ) plus omelettes (u pick they make). i prefer egg whites i get to eat more food less calories at least thats how i look at it. one place told me they would not make that request . said they would be wasting egg .but i told her what about the people that get 3 to 4 plates of food and never finish any . when i order i get on the 1st plate 10 egg white 2 bacon 2nd plate 5 egg white 2 toast . well the place said no .2 nd place ive gone to twice a week about 2 months for breakfast yesterday they told me if i want my egg whites i will have to pay more for the buffet (again all you can eat )? :mad:
JUST HAD TO YELL ,, now time to :drinker: have a nice day and Happy Fathers Day

Replies

• eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i just had to tell this i may be wrong but i dont understand why
    all you can eat buffet (breakfast ). eat all the food you want fried of course.pancakes,waffles you name it and its Good :devil: ) plus omelettes (u pick they make). i prefer egg whites i get to eat more food less calories at least thats how i look at it. one place told me they would not make that request . said they would be wasting egg .but i told her what about the people that get 3 to 4 plates of food and never finish any . when i order i get on the 1st plate 10 egg white 2 bacon 2nd plate 5 egg white 2 toast . well the place said no .2 nd place ive gone to twice a week about 2 months for breakfast yesterday they told me if i want my egg whites i will have to pay more for the buffet (again all you can eat )? :mad:
    JUST HAD TO YELL ,, now time to :drinker: have a nice day and Happy Fathers Day
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thats weird because I find most restaurants are very accomodating. BUT you should call and talk to the owner/manager if you havn't already. I would say something like you have a cholesterol problem and cannot have the yolks. Making you pay for it is unfair.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how it would be wasting egg? wouldn't it make sense to just dump the yolk into another omlette? what a bunch of bs. that was. I bet the cook couldn't separate eggs. laugh. or didn't want to be bothered with having to separate eggs. do you actually see the egg? maybe they use a powder or some kind of mix. and can't separate them. I tell people I am allergic. for some reason they are more inclined to be helpful if they think it might kill you. :tongue: rather than you are just being particular. You are waaaaay nicer than I would have handled it. next time tell them you want the eggs in the shell raw and take them back to your table and crack the darned things yourself:wink: I would love to see their faces when you came back to the cook, with a bucket full of egg shells and yolks and all those lovely whites ready to cook. :laugh: stay strong, remember the world is full of idiots. with todays economy they are shooting themselves in the foot by losing a customer. scrume, they deserve what they get. :angry: