Water retention?

Hey there. I started 30 Day Shred six days ago. My measurements seem to have gone up a bit, and I notice my weight has, also. I haven't been overeating OR undereating (eating at maintenance plus exercise calories back), and have been drinking plenty of water. I know at this point it wouldn't be a muscle gain, but have heard that while muscles are repairing themselves they tend to retain water, and this could be the culprit. This is really the most strength training I've done in...years. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    That sounds exactly like what it is. your tearing muscle fibers and they are swelling up. Stop weighing and measuring for a bit, or just deal with the crazy fluctuations.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Yep, that's what it is. During 30DS, I weigh in on day 1 and day 30 (or 31), same with measurements. All the fluctuations would drive me crazy.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Yep, that's what it is. During 30DS, I weigh in on day 1 and day 30 (or 31), same with measurements. All the fluctuations would drive me crazy.

I didn't measure until the third day, so I don't have initial measurements. I kept forgetting. =(