heart rate monitor?

Options
Hey MFP world!

I'm looking for a good heart rate monitor with a calorie counter for better tracking during my insanity workouts. Does anyone have any suggestions for brands or shops to look in (I'm in alberta, Canada)?

Thanks!!

Sam

Replies

• OkaNekko
    OkaNekko Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Check out Polar.com. They have many models at various price points. :smile:
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT40 on sale at Amazon for a hundred dollars plus shipping. I love it!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Or put HRM in the search box and check out a million other threads about it.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT40!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. I got it on sale at a store closing sale here in Ontario. Since you are in Canada I'm not sure you can order from Amazon.com or if it's even worth it considering shipping and what duties you may have to pay upon it's arrival. If you are heading down to the states at anytime soon you could check out there for one.

Otherwise, do you have a Canadian Tire around you. They are all over Ontario but I'm not sure if they have them where you are. Canadian Tire sells Polar HRMs which are amazing.

With whatever model/brand you decide to go with make sure it has a chest strap and allows you to enter your height, sex, age, and weight.
  • Rivmage
    Rivmage Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar.

Scott
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is what I got, does GREAT! Got it on Amazon for about $70
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and don't know how I survived without it. :)
  • hnewell1030
    Options
    I just got a mio motiva petite and I love it. I wanted one that didnt require a chest strap and I really like this one. It came recommended from a friend.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4...(comes with a chest strap) stopwatch, HRM, counts calories, and also SAVES your previous exercises.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7...if I were to do things over again, I'd go with the FT4 since I don't care about the added features that I paid for on the FT7
  • stewarthaus4
    Options
    I also love my Polar FT4
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help!!
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Polar!!! I have the FT7 and love it