Down sides to losing weight

Options
HappyNinjaStar
HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
So we all know the benefits to losing weight. But what about the side effects? Have you noticed any unpleasant or unexpected things related to your weight loss?

I'll start:

1) I'm ALWAYS cold now
2) I need all of my rings re-sized because they literally come flying off
3) While I was pleased that the girls remained mostly intact for much of my weight loss, the last 2-3 lbs have apparently come directly from my ta-ta's :grumble:

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    buying new clothes, especially the transition sizes when you know you'll just be getting rid of those too very soon and having to spend more money on more clothes.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Transition with clothes.

Normal clothes start to look frumpy because of the lost weight but...
    A size down creates a muffin top and you look like you're suffocating. :laugh:
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    No longer having an extra layer of padding over your skeletal structure, so now whenever you bang a hipbone against a doorknob, the whole house knows. T.T
  • HappyNinjaStar
    Options
    buying new clothes, especially the transition sizes when you know you'll just be getting rid of those too very soon and having to spend more money on more clothes.

With the exception of a couple of sizes, I thankfully saved all of my clothes as I was gaining weight, so I didn't have to spend too much on the downward slide... But thrift stores were a good option for some extra items.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The constant female attention, wooing, whistling, gawking, "hey there babe", "dammmmmmmnnnnnnnnn".... I am sensitive. I am not a piece of meat. I need to be held.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Definitely the clothes. I spent nearly a year wearing some ugly, cheap clothes from Old Navy because I knew it made no sense to buy expensive clothing in sizes that would only fit me for a few months. It was a depressing, confusing time for me. Fortunately, once I got to the size I am now, I really came alive, and I started wearing clothes that got people's attenton, rather than clothes that helped me fade into the background.

Another downside, related to the above, was that I went through a serious mental struggle with not being able to see myself the way other people saw me. Until about a year ago, I still saw a fat girl when I looked in the mirror, even though I was a size 4/6 and had lost nearly 100 lbs. I was clueless when guys flirted with me. My super hot neighbor once left a note on my door with his phone number on it and some crazy excuse for why he was giving me his phone number, and the fact that he was trying to get me to call him sailed completely over my head because I was sure that a guy like him could not possibly be interested in someone like me. Your mind does not adjust to your weight loss as quickly as your body does.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    Options
    The constant female attention, wooing, whistling, gawking, "hey there babe", "dammmmmmmnnnnnnnnn".... I am sensitive. I am not a piece of meat. I need to be held.

Do you ask to be the little spoon? :laugh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    *Wolf-whistle"
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Lost my wedding ring, had to have all my clothes taken in and some of my favorites didn't survive, having less inertial mass.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

lol!
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options

This made my life.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    The clothes and the boobs.

Oh, and the whole having to continue exercising and eating healthy to maintain. :tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any downsides to losing weight. I look better, I have more energy, I'm stronger and I feel like me again.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I could see where the transition clothes would be a pain, but have you ever tried Plato's Closet? They have pretty much only jr sizes, which I dont really fit in as of right, but I'm pretty sure once I get down about 2 more sizes I will only by from them until I hit my goal weight since they are so cheap. Its all resale!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Suddenly being terrified that someday I'll gain it all back! :cry: I never really used to care if I gained a pound or two, but now when the scale inches up a half pound, I become terrified it's all going to come whooshing back. Crazy, I know, but I think I'm more obsessed now than I ever was, even back when I was REALLY tiny!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes – I have been thrift shopping long before Macklemore made it cool. $5 jeans at Goodwill... boom!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Suddenly being terrified that someday I'll gain it all back! :cry: I never really used to care if I gained a pound or two, but now when the scale inches up a half pound, I become terrified it's all going to come whooshing back. Crazy, I know, but I think I'm more obsessed now than I ever was, even back when I was REALLY tiny!

This is it for me.... I have a lot more gult now in relation to food... some find it annoying....
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think my internal body temperature went down about a dozen degrees. I am literally always freezing... Even in the summer.

Also, seeing myself and my body for what it is now instead of seeing it for what it used to be.
  • Chrisgrz
    Chrisgrz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everything that has been said. Except losing a bit of fat in the chest has been a positive thing for me since I'm a man =\
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    when i sleep on my side, i have my fat belly to rest against. my kitten (who is 17lbs) likes to rest there too. i know as i get smaller i'll lose that belly (hopefully!) and wont have the same stability when i sleep on my side. plus my kitten, who will be much bigger then, will probably squish me till i cant breathe. :smile: