What's for breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I do have flax seed but have stopped taking it. Not sure why.

I was putting in protein shakes, cottage cheese etc
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I recently rediscovered Kellogg's Start.

It's so 80's, my hair changed into a mullet..
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Small granny smith apple, 1 serving low fat vanilla yogurt, 1/4 cup multigrain oats, sprinkle of cinnamon.

Noms!

Sometimes I even have this for dessert :)
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I almost always have bowl of mixed up rices (black/brown/white/red) which I set to cook overnight. On top I have a poached egg (protein), flax seeds (fibre), Japanese picked plum (or umeboshi, all pickles are good and this adds some nice flavour) and attempt to have fermented soybeans.

I also follow that up with chia seeds soaked in water (fibre) + protein powder + 100mL soymilk (more protein!) and then fill the space with water. This means I get a big hit of protein in the morning :)

Hope this interests you!
  • tinidhaliwal6
    tinidhaliwal6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boiled Eggs are great for breakfast and great source of protein.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating the same thing everyday, so my breakfast varies daily. Following are the few things I have:
    Veg savory oats
    many types of dosa (savory crepes)
    Poha (savory rice flakes)
    Vegetable Upma (veg cooked with roasted semolina)
    Idli Sambar - steamed rice cakes? (Sorry can't translate)
    medu wada - savory doughnuts?(not very healthy)
    Cereals (muesli, crunchy nut)
    Whole wheat Toast with nutella/PB
    sabudana khichdi (Topioca cooked) - Not very healthy!

There are few more but all this is making me very hungry, hence I'm gonna stop.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I plan on making myself some breakfast burritos tomorrow morning. All the food groups are there, eggs for protein, vegetables, whole grain tortillas, olive oil for fat, a small amount of cheese, and some fruit on the side. I can't wait to eat breakfast already!

On typical days I usually make myself a fruit smoothie made with low fat plain Greek yogurt and whatever fruits I feel like. Sometimes I'll have a slice of dave's killer bread on the side with some almond butter or jam.
  • adriennejennifer
    Options
    100 g of yoghurt, fresh fruit and just a sprinkle of some crunchy cereal. I don't get hungry before lunch time on this breajfast. It's a nice combination of tastes and textures.
    When I want a change, a poached egg on a piece of wholemeal toast and a few slices of tomato.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    3 fried egg with a banana :) fried on non stick pan
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    i always have uncle tobys multigrain oats with a tbsp of flaxseed oil. and then 190 g of fat free yogurt with blueberries. gotta love breaky <3
  • sailorsgirl86
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana on toast :-)

I love this so much I used to eat it at least 2 meals a day (when I was restricting calories too much) it's delicious & so filling I don't even think about food until lunchtime.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana on toast :-)

I love this so much I used to eat it at least 2 meals a day (when I was restricting calories too much) it's delicious & so filling I don't even think about food until lunchtime.

This is something I would love, but I would have to stop myself reaching for the Nutella !
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Muesli !
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Albertson's - Black Olives, Ripe Sliced, 2 tbsp 25 calories
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices 15 calories
    Spinach - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 0.4 cup 17 calories
    Egg Whte - Boiled White Egg, 6 large egg white 102 calories
    Fresh - Chopped Yellow Onion, 1/4 Cup 16 calories
    Franks red hot 0 Calories
    Pepper and sea salt
    Total of about 175 calories
    Yummm!
  • myleorising
    Options
    I eat savoury breakfast cups that I bake in a muffin tray. I have never enjoyed breakfast so much in my life!

Tell me more...

Grab a muffin tray (I use a 6 muffin silicone tray), line the tray with one slice of ham per muffin so it makes a base. Then I mix 6 eggs, 1 cup of baby spinach, 4 chopped mushrooms, 1/2 a cup of grated cheese and chopped onion (you can add whatever vegetables you want though), into a bowl, and then divide it up into the 6 muffin spots. Bake at 180 degrees celcius for 20-25 minutes.

I eat 2 for breakfast and have them 3 times a week. Approved by my nutritionist :)

I got the recipe and then altered it to my liking from here: http://itsmysideoflife.com/2010/03/breakfast-ham-egg-cups-mini-frittatas.html

Just curious, how many calories are in these?
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I recon it's something like this per portion:

1 egg = 80 ish
    5g lite cheddar = 15 kc or 30 if u use 10g
    I don't know about ham as I'm a vege but
    Quorn ham = 15kc per slice

So 110 or 125 plus veggies for me. The veggies per muffin would not amount to many cals but obviously it depends what you put in.

I'm not usually a fan of eggs but I am definitely gonna give this a go. Thanks for posting.
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mmmm sounds great!
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    chopped red bell pepper (about 1/8-1/4 cup)
    chopped onion (about 1/8 cup)
    1 1/2 tsp of fat free feta

I cook the onion and pepper a bit and then add the eggbeater. When it is all done I add the feta and enjoy. Low cal and protein packed :)
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I tracked it for breakfast tomorrow and its 128 for the vege version with 10g cheese

Super low carb (2g) but 9g fat and 12g protein.

Breakfast egg muffin
  • x3na1401
    Options
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    chopped red bell pepper (about 1/8-1/4 cup)
    chopped onion (about 1/8 cup)
    1 1/2 tsp of fat free feta

I cook the onion and pepper a bit and then add the eggbeater. When it is all done I add the feta and enjoy. Low cal and protein packed :)

I'm not sure what an egg beater is but it sounds dangerous. ;))

This looks great too