What's for breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    egg in a mug:

Crack 1-2 eggs in a tall mug, add wtv ingredients you want (i like it plain)
    pop in microwave for 1min, mix, pop it back for another 40sec and voila! eggs!

have it with a bit of russian bread...yum yum :)
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What is becel?
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    egg in a mug:

Crack 1-2 eggs in a tall mug, add wtv ingredients you want (i like it plain)
    pop in microwave for 1min, mix, pop it back for another 40sec and voila! eggs!

have it with a bit of russian bread...yum yum :)

Yak!! I hate microwaved egg :(
    (although I do sometimes make it for the dogs) :))

What is Russian bread ?? Toast in a hurry, right??
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I make my own "egg mcmuffin." 1 egg (or you can just use the white), fried in a non-stick pan with cooking spray, 1 slice of Sargento's ultra thin provolone (or your favorite variety) cheese, 2 oz thin sliced deli ham and a Thomas' triple health English muffin. It's less than 300 calories, so you can still afford to add a small piece of fruit, or sometimes I add a handful of spinach to the sandwich for a good dose of green leafies first thing in the morning.

Another of my favorites is a mixture of 1/2 c non fat plain yogurt, 1/4 c low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 T chopped nuts, 1/4 c Uncle Sam cereal, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1 t honey. You can either mix all of these together or mix the yogurt, cottage cheese, honey and cinnamon and layer with the rest of the ingredients to make a parfait. I mix them together and add the cereal just before I eat it to maintain the crunch factor. Again, this is under 300 calories.

Both of these breakfasts stay with me all morning. I eat around 7:00 and don't get hungry until 11 or so.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    This morning I had porridge oats with almond milk and chocolate protein shake.

You know, it wasn't half bad and I wasn't hungry til
    around 1pm.

This thread has given me Wikkid ideas
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of lazy as far as breakfast goes. Usually it's a piece of toast, an egg and a glass of milk. Maybe a fruit if I'm feeling particularly peckish.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I love to cook however until a few weeks ago, I have never eaten breakfast.

Sure I like cereal, but I prefer them at nighttime. Don't get me wrong, I only had them high days and holidays, but since starting up
    my diet and fitness regime (and a telling off at the doctors) I thought it was time to give it a whirl.

I can't remember ever eating breakfast but I'm sure I did as a small child. You get out of the habit and it makes it difficult because I'm not hungry in the morning.

This thread made my mouth water thou.

Totally can't wait to eat breakfast tomorrow ! Lol. Madness.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Has anyone put protein powder in porridge ? What's it like ?

Great - that's what it's like. I put GNC's Chocolate Peanut Butter powder in my oatmeal, along with a banana. Awesome.

Just be sure to put in the powder in a little at a time and stir. Otherwise, it can get quite messy.

Lately, I've been eating egg sandwiches for breakfast. Some days, a protein shake. Both are easy to take with me and eat/drink while driving to work. The oatmeal is usually reserved for weekends, when I can simply sit and enjoy it without having to worry about wearing it.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Has anyone put protein powder in porridge ? What's it like ?

Great - that's what it's like. I put GNC's Chocolate Peanut Butter powder in my oatmeal, along with a banana. Awesome.

Just be sure to put in the powder in a little at a time and stir. Otherwise, it can get quite messy.

Lately, I've been eating egg sandwiches for breakfast. Some days, a protein shake. Both are easy to take with me and eat/drink while driving to work. The oatmeal is usually reserved for weekends, when I can simply sit and enjoy it without having to worry about wearing it.

Yeah I had a go. Wasn't sure when to put the powder in! Doh! So did it at the end.

First bite, I wrinkled my nose... By the third, I loved it !
  • bethcw1
    bethcw1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    -egg white omlette (no cheese, or very little, packed with whatever veggies are on hand)

- 1/2 pita pocket stuffed with egg white + leftover meat from dinner (i.e.) chicken breast, ham, turkey, etc. diced + veggie

- I love greek yogurt and fruit, but am trying to stay away from dairy for now...

-green smoothie with protein powder
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Occasionally I would do a 'full English'. Usually around lunch time in a weekend

2 x hovis small wholemeal toast 114k
    1 quorn sausage 70k
    1 poached egg (whippy style) 70k - I only eat the yolk as I hate egg white
    1 grilled tomato 20k
    100g of mushrooms (I get pan hot then put water in instead of oil - they cook great) 22k

296 cals plus whatever I put on toast if not eating dry. Sometimes it's a cheese spread, sometimes butter.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I waffle (pun intended) between two breakfasts, depending on whether or not I have time to clean up before jetting off to work.

Time to clean:
    Mushrooms and red pepper and egg beaters omelette served on two slices of dry toast with some fruit (currently on a canteloupe kick).

No time to clean:
    Plain oatmeal with a mashed up banana and protein powder mixed in (this morning it was Dymatize Elite Strawberries and Cream). Everything is done in the one bowl, so it's easy to load the dishwasher and run out the door.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I just had a cup of Apple Cinnoman Chex Cereal with a cup of milk and coffee. Not too exciting, but it tastes yummy!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal in a jar is super awesome!
  • Innerbeauty31
    Innerbeauty31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a toasted Dave's Killer slice of bread (1 slice) - 110 calories
    Peanut butter - 190 calories
    Covered in TreeTop (no sugar added) applesauce (1/2 cup) - 70 calories

YUMM!

I also like cooking 2 eggs (overeasy) and putting them on 1 slice Daves Killer Bread. For a breakfast with only 240 calories! (add some fruit?)
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Not strictly breakfast but I made my OH a tuna melt for lunch.

1 whole (both halves) pita pocket 156k
    100g tuna in water 100k
    Helmans extra light 20k
    Grated low fat cheddar 10g 30k
    Red onion small amount 5k.

Mix it up and pop it in the airfryer. Totally healthy tuna melt at 311 kcals.

I added a salad for around 20 kcal. And she loved it!
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Usually a (100 calorie english muffin or thin bagel) with (yogurt or greek yogurt under 120 calories)

So that my breakfast is under 250 calories.
  • mrthis5
    mrthis5 Posts: 1
    Options
    1/2 cup of rolled oats
    3/4 cup of Special K Protein
    1 cup of Almond Milk - unsweetened
    then add whatever fruit I have ... bananas, blueberries
    and then a tablespoon of oat bran on top.
    .... roughly, 400-445 cal.

2 egg white scrambled with a touch of shredded cheese
    ...roughly 50 cal.

1/2 grapefruit
    ...roughly 41 cal.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm really into throwing veggies and meat in a skillet, cracking some eggs and making an omelet (or scrambled eggs if I don't do it right)
    Normally I use spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and turkey.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    This morning I had a toasted Dave's Killer slice of bread (1 slice) - 110 calories
    Peanut butter - 190 calories
    Covered in TreeTop (no sugar added) applesauce (1/2 cup) - 70 calories

YUMM!

I also like cooking 2 eggs (overeasy) and putting them on 1 slice Daves Killer Bread. For a breakfast with only 240 calories! (add some fruit?)

Apple sauce features quite a bit in recipes from over the pond. We have it with Sunday dinner. That's about it.

Sounds weird to eat at other times! Lol. But I am always open to new culinary delights,,,... Yum