2»

Replies

• Piscesgrl227
    Piscesgrl227 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like TurboFire.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    Bump so I can come back later to review all these awesome recommendations.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    For losing weight and toning up definately anything Jillian Michaels. I've done P90x and Insanity as well. I always felt like I got a better workout from Jillian and the Insanity dvd's. P90x oddly enough was too slow for me, but I did finish it twice, it's just boring for me, but a lot of people really like it.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The DVDs that came with my suspension trainer and sandbag kits are quite effective. As are youtube workouts illustrating how to use them in sequence. Much better than most prefab workout plans out there.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Well, Jillian certainly has a following on MFP! I love anything by her that I have tried so far. My absolute favorite is Body Revolution. There are so many workouts that I never memorized anything, I was just at her mercy, jumping up or getting back down on the ground without time to even think about what was coming next! You really can't go wrong with a workout that is only 35 minutes including cool down and has such great proven results. For me, the $130 spent was totally worth the 22 pounds I lost!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Jillian workouts are good for beginners, don't get me wrong. It's just that as you progress to her more advanced level workouts (such as the level 3 workouts contained in 30ds and ri30) you start to learn she doesn't know as much as you think she does, because the form she teaches for most of those exercises is WAY off and will get you injured. Rock Star Hops in 30DS level 3 should allow you to change its name to 30 Day Knee Replacement. Stick to her beginner level workouts and as you progress to a need for something more advanced start steering clear of Jillian workouts.
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of TurboFire! It is fun and energetic...if you like good beats you might really get into it! And you definitely get your sweat on every time you show up!!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't bother buying DVDs, you tube is my go-to. Loving Fitness Blender and Be Fit channels at the moment.

If I was to recommend DVDs then I'm enjoying P90X and had great result with 30 Day Shred. But I got them both free, I don't think I'd have paid for them.
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request with a message.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    any jillian michaels and insanity or p90x
  • dfortune24
    dfortune24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ballet the Beautiful. It is hard core stuff. You only have to do it 15 minutes a day. It tones and builds muscle. Try it out!
  • danbi89
    danbi89 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love Billy Banks TaeBo.

this! Tae bo is great! Hard at first but an effective workout, and as a lot of people have said, Jillian works wonders in her videos. Plus I have a few dance DVD's in there for fun
  • ohkola
    ohkola Posts: 16
    Options
    I am in love with Zumba. I bought the DVDs (because I'm not a fan of classes) and they're great. They come with an instructional DVD, too, if you're like me and have two left feet.