Which Running apps do you like?

Options
arsan
arsan Posts: 97 Member
I can't decide on runtastic or runkeeper. Have any of you tried both and what are you pro's/con's for each of them?

Replies

• perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I like Runkeeper better. There is a thread going to try to get it synced with MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/855388-link-mfp-with-runkeeper-master-thread
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Runtastic!!!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of runkeeper, never had a need to try any other app.
  • ajsmommy2010
    Options
    I like Endomondo
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo – it was the only one I found for the Android and when I switched to an iPhone I just bought it again because I already had an account and it had my history in there. I don't know that any one is better than the others, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I use it simply to track my time on runs, walks and bike rides. Plus i love that it uploads directly to MFP to log my workout. The full version also has saved routes created by other users which is kind of a cool way to find new places to run with the distance already measured.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have tried both. I like Runtastic better, only because it does sync to mfp...they are both good, though.
  • KelBelz22
    KelBelz22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like Endomondo
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Like above users stated, I prefer Edmondo. It seems to work more smoothly all the way around for me. The Pro versio is worth the couple of bucks.

Ultimately it is a matter fo persaonl preference.
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun
    You can adjust the settings so that a voice butts in on your music too. You can have the app tell you when you have completed distance, time, calories, mph.....I like it.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've always used Runkeeper and I'm really happy with it! It gives me all the stats I need!
  • mad00had00
    mad00had00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Endomondo
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ive tried em all runtastic works best for me and never glitches on my phone. so im a fan. and i like that it syncs here.
  • JeffInYorktown
    JeffInYorktown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have used MapMyRun (MapMyFitness), Endomondo and Runtastic. For the whole experience, I like Runtastic the most. However, I do not find it very accurate...at least not on my Galaxy Note 2. I have run them side by side (both apps, started at the same time/point) and found that Runtastic is typically off by .1 to .2 miles in my 5K runs. All this while out in the open, just jogging around the neighborhood. No big city, forest, etc. I run ~10 minute mile, so I am not blazing around causing it to have issues. The company requests that Wi-Fi be turned of when using it, but I have not found that helpful. I REALLY want to like and use it, but it gets tiresome having to manually correct runs.

I have downloaded Runkeeper and will give it a try too.

Just my $.02.

-Jeff
  • bidwhist
    bidwhist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nike plus, and no you don't have to run in Nike shoes
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. Very helpful.