What motivates you

Options
besides the number on the scale? I think it's important for everyone to have another motivating factor besides the number on the scale because when (NOT IF) it doesn't move, or it moves in the opposite direction you want, you're going to have to dig deep to keep going.

Here's what's motivating me at the moment. My bp is 114/73, and my resting HR is 51. I looked at a chart online and my resting HR is in the "athlete" range. WHAT?

Also, I got a massage the other day. It was the first time with this particular massuse, and she said "Wow! The muscles in your legs are sooo smooth. I only find muscles this smooth on babies." I just laughed and said "What does that mean?" She said "It means you're in great shape, and you must work out a lot." Crazy! No one has ever described me that way before. I just laughed and thanked her, but I was thinking "If I'm in such great shape, how come I got so much cellulite." LOL I'm so mean to myself! I can never just take a compliment.

So.....what's motivating you??

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    y resting heart will go as low as 48, I have bradycardia. Whats motivating me is my kids. I remember taking them to the park and I would just stand there and watch I did not get involved. Now I play with them and I don't feel so tired. I am also scared if something happened to me what would happen to my kids. I can prevent health related issues by just taking better care myself. I also want to go shopping and be able to buy from any store.
  • pandageisha
    Options
    My sis is my motivation, she is my cheer squad on the sidelines and she is trying to lose weight...and accomplishing it! She's lost almost 10 pounds in two weeks. I just barely started cataloging my stuff so yeah...have to check the scale tomorrow. I hope I can do as well as she is.
  • irishpagan
    irishpagan Posts: 30
    Options
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see. I want to look sexy, feel sexy- whether that's in an old t-shirt and torn up jeans or strutting around the house naked. More than anything else I want to be comfortable with my own body for the first time in my life.
    Outside of myself, I look at photos on deviantart.com. Some of the girls are just so incredibly beautiful, and not just the models. Real ordinary girls.
    And I want my fiance to have a sexy wife that all his friends can be jealous of. XD
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Myself...I am my own motivation...

B
  • pandageisha
    Options
    I want to be able to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see. I want to look sexy, feel sexy- whether that's in an old t-shirt and torn up jeans or strutting around the house naked. More than anything else I want to be comfortable with my own body for the first time in my life.
    Outside of myself, I look at photos on deviantart.com. Some of the girls are just so incredibly beautiful, and not just the models. Real ordinary girls.
    And I want my fiance to have a sexy wife that all his friends can be jealous of. XD

Exactly the same with me, minus the fiance part.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I want to feel pretty when I take a picture next to my friends. I've never felt pretty because I've always been the bigger friend.