What a relief!!!!

Options
I broke up w/ my boyfriend of 22 months... It was hard, but hopefully I have the will to not go back out with him.
Now I need some things to do that will help me get my mind off of him.
Any ideas? All I know is that I will be hanging out with my dad when I get out of work... Don't know how to cope with the next days to come.

Replies

• SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    I broke up w/ my boyfriend of 22 months... It was hard, but hopefully I have the will to not go back out with him.
    Now I need some things to do that will help me get my mind off of him.
    Any ideas? All I know is that I will be hanging out with my dad when I get out of work... Don't know how to cope with the next days to come.
  • ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    You can always get on here when you are struggling!! This site is awesome at helping you stay encouraged and keeping your mind off the negative things in life.

Break ups are hard. I dont know your situation, but I'm proud of you for doing what you feel is best for you and your life.

Hugs,
    TY
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your breakup but from the sounds of it and your attitude it was for the best. If you will be hanging out with dad, does dad have any hobbies that you can learn from? My dad does bonsai trees and loves to have help and give me all kinds of information.

If your dad is active how about finding a place to hike or disc golf or something? Every dad is different but one thing I do know is they love to impart their knowledge to the rest of us lol.

We are here for you have fun and good luck.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Some things I love to do when I am stressed out or just need to take my mind off things: Paint, draw, write, knit, read, listen to LOUD music, spend time with a pet (I love my cats) go for a drive. I used to live in a big city and instead of a drive I would hop on a public bus with my headphones in, it sounds REALLY weird, but I would just tour around, switching busses sometimes until I arrived back at my apartment. I found it very soothing, and I really like to people-watch, lol. Unfortunately it takes most people a while to bounce back after a breakup, but you are lucky to have the greatest support system at your fingertips! :flowerforyou:
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Well my dad is sort of lazy. But he likes to deejay and dance. Maybe I'll ask him to teach me to Hustle or Salsa dance. But I guess I'll have more time for my family and catch up w/ my old friends.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Never know who is around who might be single.....

*Scratches nose while pointing at Ty*
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Make an iPod playlist (or mix CD) of songs that calm you. Then, get your headphones on and take a long, quiet walk.

Good for the body and healing for the soul. If you have sunglasses, wear them and cry if you need to.

We're all here for you. Chin up, you strong young woman, you.
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kudos on the big changes! I wish you well.
    Do you camp? Sometimes taking a little vacation (even if it's only an hour out of town for some hiking) helps me to reframe and come back with some fresh perspective. I prefer to go with friends when i can, but sometimes it's enough to grab my bike or a camera and have my own adventure.

g'luck! :)