Fruit Dip

JENNTF
JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
Typically I make fruit dip with Cream Cheese and Marshmellow Creme, maybe some vanilla and brown sugar, which is high in calories. So over the weekend I combined Lite Whipped Topping (Cool Whip) with 1 packet of sugar free instand vanilla pudding (just the powder) to top cupcakes, but quickly realized this is a great low calorie alternative to fruit dip (because sometime plain fruit gets boring).

Just wanted to share with everyone since spring and summer is fastly approaching. I have used it this week with my strawberries and blackberries, and it is REALLY GOOD!!!

This is only about 20 calories for 2 Tbsp, not including the fruit....Enjoy!!!

Replies

• JENNTF
    BTW - you can also do the same thing with a container of plain yogurt and any packet of instand pudding powder, then put it in the freezer for a low calorie alternative to ice cream.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I never thought about pudding powder, that sounds awesome!

I usually will use vanilla Dannon Light n Fit yogurt, a little powdered sugar...and some sprinkles for the kids. :laugh:
  • JENNTF
    It is really good, and you can use whatever kind of pudding you want.
  • babsmoran
    babsmoran Posts: 29
    BTW - you can also do the same thing with a container of plain yogurt and any packet of instand pudding powder, then put it in the freezer for a low calorie alternative to ice cream.

This sounds awesome!! What size container of yogurt do you use?
  • JENNTF
    Not sure about the size container of yogurt, but if I had to guess it is 16 or 20 oz.