hungry at night

Options
I usually eat around 4 or 5 and get hungry later. What do ya eat that doesn't do to much damage that late?

Replies

• DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like to eat Fiber One Chocolate 80 calorie cereal (3/4 cup) with almond milk.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I build in enough calories from my day to be able to snack in the evenings without any damage. Usually it's ice cream and almonds, but I'll also have Greek yogurt & fruit, snack bars, baby carrots & hummus.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want that fits into your calorie goals for the day... meal timing means absolutely nothing
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have issues hitting 1200 calories because I am watching my carb due to glucose reasons. But I usually have a snack at night to kill the hunger. Usually lite chocolate silk milk, two strawberries and 10 special k savory herb crackers lol.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Save some calories so you can eat later on at night after your dinner.

Maybe make your dinner a bit later in the evening... or just save calories and have something to eat later on. Have air popped popcorn, veggies cut up, fruit cut up, etc. No harm in eating later at night.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Hmm, let's see......late at night I eat cereal, popcorn, dinner (often after 8pm), cookies, Cadbury eggs, fruits, hummus and flatbread......you name it, I eat it. As long as I have calories saved for late night eating (and I always do!!) and the item in question fits in my macros, I'm eating it.

Meal timing is about personal preference. Eating late won't make you fat.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a banana. If I was good and have some calories left a banana smoothie with skim milk and a dash of cocoa powder (unsweetened). Perfect thing to put me to sleep.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I usually have a piece of whole grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, or a lighter cereal and milk, sometimes a little yogurt with sliced almonds. I usually try to save some room for an evening snack.
  • jo1302
    jo1302 Posts: 2
    Options
    What about an Options or low cal hot chocolate.
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I plan for an evening snack. I usually eat Kroger Carbmaster yogurt with 1 T of sliced almonds. Works for me! I have to eat something before going to bed, b/c I wake up hungry during the night if I don't.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I usually have my days food picked out but maybe one of these would be good for ya.

Pickles, a cup or two of spaghetti squash, PB2 2 or 3 tablespoons, or carb-quik cheese biscuit or carb-quick pancake.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    8 Nut Thins Pepper Jack and one wedge of laughing cow--100 calories OR Turkey Perky Jerky---1oz or half bag = 100 calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 4 or 5 and get hungry later. What do ya eat that doesn't do to much damage that late?

Dinner. I've always wanted to eat at night so many years ago I stopped fighting it. I eat light throughout the day and have nice big dinner at night. Most days it includes wine and dessert and at least half my daily calories. I'm not sure I'd be able to maintain a healthy weight any other way. And I'm certain I wouldn't be happy doing it any other way.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and you definitely have a pattern of eating most of your calories at breakfast and lunch, and then a very light dinner. I'd be starving in the evening too. You just need to budget your calories better throughout the day. Since you seem to eat a protein bar just about every morning and often have breakfast on top of that, I would suggest having your protein bar in the evening instead. That way you're not eating any extra calories at all, you're just moving them around.