Newbie here... Mother of Twins Plus One trying to take charg

Options
The last few years my life has pretty much been dedicated to caring for my children, twins, then 26 months later a little girl! Now that they are all in school, I really want to focus on getting my health back on track.

I am 31 and on blood pressure medication already. THAT is my ultimate goal, I want to get off of the med, AND build some self esteem back by loosing the weight!

Time is a huge constraint for me...I am constantly running with them, and husband is seldom around to help so if anyone has creative ideas on HOW to build some time in to exercise with a busy schedule, please share! Mornings as of right now are not an option - I have a sleeping disorder and the meds i take for that make it nearly impossible to even get out of bed, let alone jump up and exercise!

Replies

• RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck with your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Well welcome to MFP! I am also a very busy mom, of 7. I like to go for family bike rides (pull trailer with 2 children) it's a great workout and you don't have to worry about what to do with the children also my hubby will take the kids for me at night & I will get some exercise in then. I have also been known to just get in workouts with them around as well. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!

I wish mine were all in school. I only have my oldest that goes half days to kindergarten then the rest are home with me all day. At home I have my 4 yr old, my 3 yr old, and my 2 yr old TWINS! Time is almost impossible but you have to make time. If mornings are a NO for you then try late morning or early afternoon! You only need a half hour a day, that's all!

If I can do it, so can you! Us mom of multiples need to stay together and give each other support! I'll friend request you and try to give you all the motivation that you need. I know you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here and a mother of twins plus two :). I understand your busy life! I am trying to get my weight down and get healthy too. Good luck on your journey!
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have twins also! They are 4 and my oldest is 9. Time is a huge thing! I either exercise in the am or go to the gym, sometimes w/ them, in the evening. It's tough. I am hoping once the twins start school Sept 2011, things will get a little easier for me.

I will post more later as I need to get the oldest to the bus right now! :)
  • ekm321
    ekm321 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm "new" here, sort of. Maybe I should say I'm ready to really make this happen now. We can do this together! I have 3 year old twins, and a 5 year old, so I understand how crazy times can be.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Another mommy of twins here. I sent you a friend request. Anyone else can feel free to add me as well. Gotta love supporting one another!

I have one girl that will be 15 next month, my twins will be 10 on July 4th. My oldest had severe disabilities and passed away about a year and a half ago. I totally understand the crazy busy mommy life! We can do it! To be the best we can be for our family, we have to take care of us as well. I'm just now really figuring that out.
  • tammyrae78
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I believe with this website I can finally be successful at this! The tools and now the support are going to help me tremendously! Thanks again!!!!!
  • cruncher
    cruncher Posts: 9
    Options
    This is quite an old thread .... but I'm new on here .... first-time mum to 5-mth old twin girls. Am trying to get back into shape with minimal time for exercise and food prep.
    Feel free to add me ...

Rebecca :)