Any under eaters out there?

Options
I can't seem to find enough things to stuff my face! I've been told to stick to 15 - 1800 calories a day. I honestly wish I was one of those that had to cut things out, because adding things on is just stressful. The other day, I had less than 600 calories FOR THE WHOLE DAY! So yesterday, I ate and ate and ate and was STILL 700 or so short. Today, I still have over 900 and I haven't even done my cardio yet, which will "allow" me more!

Most of the time you have to shrink your stomach, but apparently, I have to make mine bigger. I'm currently trying the eat 5 to 6 small meals thing, but with a 14 month old (who's getting her molars, btw), that's really hard!

So, any of you in the same boat? What did you do to help? Any calorie-packed snacks/meals that are still healthy? I'm at a loss.

Replies

• calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    nuts
    peanut butter
    avocado
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Most people who have this problem are trying to eat extremely low fat.

In addition to the suggestions from the previous poster, cook your foods in olive oil or add it to salads. Use full fat dairy products.
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    first of all if you would like people to help you with your diary, you need to open it for us to help you. Nuts are high in calories to start off with.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods - cheese, nuts, peanut butter (if you can), nut butters, avocados etc.

Things that don't make you feel incredibly full but bump your calories up, you will get to the point where you eat 1800 calories no problems - I can easily eat 200 calories in PB - its something like 90 calories a TBSP.
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I miss a meal or snack it makes it very difficult to "catch up" on calories throughout the day.

Eggs
    Peanut or Almond Butter
    Cottage Cheese
    Avocado
    Olive Oil
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Protein Shakes
  • Sorashi
    Sorashi Posts: 41
    Options
    I kind of feel you. Since I've been eating more protein and less carbs I feel stuffed easily and sometimes I don't reach 1600 but I never go under 1200.

When I need to up my calories I always go for nuts or cheese.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    cheese, full fat dairy, full fat salad dressings, avocado, nuts and nut butters, olive oil on your veggies, greek yogurt, dark chocolate

If we could see your diary people might be able to give more specific advice, but I understand if you don't want to open it up.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how it is possible to NOT eat that much. I tried to see what I could eat for 1200 calories a day and I don't think I could even stay at or below THAT!
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    first of all if you would like people to help you with your diary, you need to open it for us to help you. Nuts are high in calories to start off with.

Sorry, I'm still new. Not quite sure how to do that, but I'll try. :)
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    cheese, full fat dairy, full fat salad dressings, avocado, nuts and nut butters, olive oil on your veggies, greek yogurt, dark chocolate

If we could see your diary people might be able to give more specific advice, but I understand if you don't want to open it up.

Ok, I think I made it public.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    what exactly are you eating for you to "eat and eat and eat all day" and only have eaten 700 calories ?????
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I wish I struggled to eat 1500-1800 a day. I done see how anyone that is eating an appropriate amount of protein or healthy fat cant attain that amount. I envy that I guess.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    what exactly are you eating for you to "eat and eat and eat all day" and only have eaten 700 calories ?????

Yes, this! ??????
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If I'm low on calories and under in my fat for the day, I take it as a sign from the gods that I am meant to enjoy more cheese.
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    I don't understand how it is possible to NOT eat that much. I tried to see what I could eat for 1200 calories a day and I don't think I could even stay at or below THAT!

I'm beyond a picky eater - picky isn't even the right word. I honestly really hate food. I've always struggled to eat enough. My doctors always tell me my body is in starvation mode. Couple that with my horrible metabolism and hypothyroidism and that spells TROUBLE! :)
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating if you aren't hungry? That honestly sounds very silly and I've never heard of someone gaining weight from not eating. Eventually you'll be hungry and then you can eat. As you said it is stressful trying to force an unnatural situation.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eating less and "shrinking your stomach" is actually a myth. Once you're an adult, your stomach stays the same size, but your appetite can be changed by your eating habits... so, what I'd suggest is eating more smaller meals a day, put more carbohydrates into your diet, or definitely start eating nuts/seeds. Also, maybe include some juices into your diet. Especially with a 14month old (and DEFINITELY if you're breastfeeding), you need to eat more, otherwise you're depleting yourself of a lot of needed nutrition, which is no bueno.
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options

Yes, this! ??????

Well, I think my "eat and eat and eat" is way different that normal "eat and eat" :D

I'm really bad. Sometimes, I wake up and realize that I ate NOTHING the day before :(
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    Why are you eating if you aren't hungry? That honestly sounds very silly and I've never heard of someone gaining weight from not eating. Eventually you'll be hungry and then you can eat. As you said it is stressful trying to force an unnatural situation.

Because my doctor told me to? Haha. I've been told that my body is in starvation mode and therefore clinging to all the fat I have (which is a LOT) lol
  • mrsmocknbyrd1
    Options
    My main problem is not eating the RIGHT calories, which is hard when I have such a limited tolerance for food (haha).