Options
bloblynda
bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
Hi I'm Lynda
I discovered this website via the iphone app which is just brilliant for keeping track of everrything when you're out and about.
I'm a rather overweight lady of a certain age and aim to lose 26 lbs. I'm just one week into my diet so have not yet weighed my progress. Any help/ advice/ encouragement and recipes for 0 calorie chocolate cake welcome!

Replies

• JennBennett410
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newbie too. One week in and lost 4 pounds! I would love a 0 calorie chocolate cake! Welcome and good luck!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • skerjenn
    skerjenn Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Lynda,

How about changing your name from "blob" lynda to something more encouraging and compassionate for your journey - positive affirmations go a long way towards our general outlook on life, and can have an incredible impact on our well-being, and motivation. If every time you log in you remind yourself that you're a "blob", you're not going to get very far - it's a form of self abuse! ouch!

Give yourself something to look forward to, call yourself something that reminds you of how hard you try, and how you love yourself so much that you're committing to finding a healthy weight. You've got to find that boost from within, and be really really kind and supportive of yourself - even when it's the last thing you want to do! We all know that we can be our own best critic, but what we forget, is that we can be our own best advocate, too. You can support yourself in ways that no one else can - the power within is totally underrated. Use it to hold you up, rather than to beat yourself down.

Kind is also being able to treat yourself with a piece of chocolate cake because you deserve it. :heart:
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    He He
    The Blob came about because it's my husband's affectionate name for me - a name he gave me when I was extremely skinny 25 years ago and it's just stuck
  • skerjenn
    skerjenn Posts: 7
    Options
    :wink: