Weigh in

Options
So, I've always heard that you are your lightest weight first thing in the morning; however, I have consistently noticed that I weigh up to 1-1.6lbs LESS in the evenings (between 5pm-7pm). Anyone have any sugesstions as to why this is?

Thanks.

Replies

• Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same for me.

Very interested on this subject.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Uh... your sheets are really dirty and you get 2 pounds of dirt on you at night?

But seriously, not a clue. I never weigh myself in the evening. I'd probably throw a fit.
  • jsrussell2127
    jsrussell2127 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weighing in the evenings started when I was comparing what I weighed at the gym vs at home. I would weigh before I exercised and I went home and weighed and took my clothes off to see all the differences. (I was actually trying to make sure my scales at home were accurate.) We even put weights on the scales at the gym to see how far off they were. And, that's how I came to realize that I almost always weigh more in the morning than I do in the evening.

After reading other posts and thinking about it, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with working out in the evenings and muscles requiring more water to heal afterward. ???? I've also learned that if I go over my daily sodium allowance, it's a given, I will swell during the night and weigh more the next morning, so I know that's not the reason. I've already narrowed that down and it remains that I weigh less in the evenings. ????
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I always weigh a bit more the day after a workout. Water and such. Do you drink water after weighing but before going to bed? That might make a difference.
  • jsrussell2127
    jsrussell2127 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes. Maybe that has something to do with it. :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am a 'weigher'. I try to stop, but I'm addicted - lol. I don't let it affect me, but I weigh AT LEAST once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I'm not sure why - I know that there are fluctuations. However, just last week, I weighed almost 2 lbs lighter in the evening than I did when i got out of bed that morning. I guess... general rule to follow is.... go ahead and weigh as much as you like, but it's what you lose over a week or so that counts... and even that - i don't count on that as much as measurements and the way I feel and look in my clothes :)
  • asiya33
    asiya33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just joined please add me.