Gym induction

Options
Kurrsteee
Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
Hey guys!
I'm going for my gym induction this Friday (because I FINALLY have the money to join) and all they said to me was to make sure I'm in gym clothes. That's it.
I didn't even think to ask if there was anything else I needed to bring/do for it.
Can anyone give me any advice? I don't want to show up without something obvious and look like an idiot!
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Fitkorry
    Fitkorry Posts: 29
    Options
    They normally just show you around the gym and show you how the machines work so you might want to take some water and a towel in case they ask you to go on whilst you try it!

Which one are you joining!? ( I won't stalk I promise ! :p)
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    They normally just show you around the gym and show you how the machines work so you might want to take some water and a towel in case they ask you to go on whilst you try it!

Yea water towel and maybe some headphones for working out after if they dont have you work out on the spot.

I'd also like to know what gym too. So I could possibly stalk you. ( yes, that's a joke)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Bring your A game..thats a start, drink plenty of h20 before you, take some with you as well.:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If it was me you'd better bring tip money!:laugh:

I kid. Like others have said, a towel, some water and make sure you wear comfortable workout clothing and shoes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Induction? Are they jumping you in? I'd bring a roll of quarters, some chain, a relatively small fixed-blade knife, and some gum.

ACE Car Driver and Car Modification Trainer
    IKEA Furniture Assembler
    Kickass Certified Instructor
    Been in the women industry for over 30 years and have studied Kama Sutra and Edging
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I'm joining the one in Coulby Newham, purely because it's the closest one with a swimming pool!

But thanks everyone, I'll make sure I bring all of those. :) except, you know, the slightly more dangerous/violent suggestions. ;p