Doing WW and MFP both

Options
I write down my points from the WW Points Plus system, but I found I am supposed to get 22 points per day. That sounds very low to me. I went ahead and tracked my food here, as well as writing it down here at home. On this site, it said I am eating too few calories, but I stayed within my points. Can someone tell me what the deal is? I have searched to find my WW points on the points plus system, but I only got the one site that said I get 22 points per day. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• nicearbhaill
    Options
    are you sure you are pointing food correctly

I did WW before and still use the old WW points system to help me track food and I often find that while I can be below my points the calories can be high. From the WW system I know some foods have no points but all foods have calories.

For example today I used 19 out of my 21 points but ate below my 1200 calories

sorry I am not familiar with the new WW systems
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the calculator they sold when this new system started. That is what confuses me...that I can be below my points, but above in other ways. So confusing!!
  • jennv77
    jennv77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Where did you find that you're points target is 22? With the current program, the lowest point target is 26. (I've been on WW for about 14 months).
  • cmb5033
    cmb5033 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agree, the lowest you can go on the new system is 26 points. Are you sure you calculated using the new system?
  • wmphimu
    wmphimu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WW assumes that you are eating at least 5-8 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. Those calories can add up pretty quickly to your total on MFP. They also assume that you are eating all of those flex points (or whatever they call them now), which add to your calorie count.

That being said, I found the same thing when I did WW - that I was always hungry because I just wasn't eating enough. I also felt that WW favored people who were eating low carb food and artificial sweeteners. I remember sitting at a meeting where everyone shared their favorite frozen meals, which I don't ever eat. So many of the recipes call for "fake" stuff - I prefer to eat clean & healthy unprocessed food.
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    My Mom me going on WW. My points are 27 a day. I never go over my points, use the extra weekly ones or account for my excercise. It seems to be working well so far, but like others, I am finding most days that I am also under my goal calories on MFP. Hmmmm. I was not going to compare them, but decided to. Makes me wonder if people on WW are getting enough.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW drop out but this thread will help you. You can track points and macros on MFP simultaneously.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822197-how-to-track-weight-watchers-points-on-mfp